27 Weeks

Every picture we took today was blurry.
Baby is the size of a rutabaga this week!

How Far Along? 27 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +1 this week. +12 total.
Maternity Clothes? Almost everything. Still forcing my fleece sweatshirt to zip. I wear it every day, and told Justin that once it can't zip anymore, that's a sign I shouldn't leave the house and just get to stay home until the baby's born. ;-)
Sleep: I have a hard time falling asleep, but once I'm out, I'm good. Back to sweating up a storm again.
Best Moment This Week: Making it to the 3rd trimester!
Movement: Oh yeah. And he's finally moved up into the middle of my belly. His feet are on my left side and are always moving. It's amazing that he's less than 3 lbs and 15 inches (according to the Internet), but seems to move in every part of my belly at once. Haha. Right now, he's kicking on the left, punching down low, and doing some kind of wiggle on the upper right. He also gets the hiccups all the time lately.
Food Cravings: Cheese, pop, Cinnamon Life Cereal - I had a crazy obsession this week and ate 3 bowls a day until I ran out. 
Food Aversions: Nothing. 
Gender: It's a boy!!!!  
Name: Nameless One. I'm starting to lean toward one over the other. But I'm still not convinced. 
Labor Signs: Lots and lots of Braxton Hicks. 
What I Miss: Being able to clean, move, stand, etc, without being in pain.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Being so big that people start asking if it's twins. Lol. It cracks me up.
Milestones: 3rd trimester!! And the onset of SPD. (That's a self-diagnosis.) I definitely had it with Lena, and know this is the beginning of it. I've been in pain for weeks, but it's getting really bad now. With Lena, I tried too hard to power through it. This time, I'm admitting my failure and forcing myself to rest. I'm learning my limitations and listening to them. And I really really intend to call the chiropractor this week and start going in for adjustments. I hate making phone calls, and it's something I know I'll put off, but it's going on my "to-do" list and I'm going to force myself to do it!

I do think the pain is a little different this time. When I overdid it this week, I definitely had the pelvic pain, but I also had major hip pain, and this weird pain in the two bones between my back and butt. I don't even know what those bones are, but they were killing me! 

Despite the pain, I'm trying to enjoy being pregnant. I generally do love it. I've struggled a lot with depression throughout this pregnancy and am not sure I can handle doing it again emotionally - not to mention how I'd emotionally handle 4 kids! So I'm trying to savor these last few months instead of wishing them away. Remind me of this in February . . .

Comments