The Saturday 7

1. Last Saturday, Justin and the guys went on their 1st annual man weekend, so I had all the girls over. We stayed up til 4 am talking!! Pulling all nighters like that was a lot easier before we had kids. Lucy was up by 7:30. Yikes. I was tiiiired on Sunday.

2. Justin and I have both been fighting a nasty cold all week, but amazingly, Lucy hasn't gotten it. *knock on wood* I don't understand how germs work. I got this cold from Kelly - who I never shared a drink with or kissed or anything. I share utensils and straws with Lucy all the time and am constantly kissing on her, yet she didn't get it. Hurray for her immune system, I guess!

3. I actually thought Lucy was getting sick on Saturday because she started coughing. I've decided that she just has a really weak gag reflex, because sure enough, that little cough caused her to puke pizza alllll over her bed in the middle of the night. That girl and her puking. So strange. But she really hasn't been coughing much since then. And no more puking, thank goodness!

4. We spent a couple days at the pool this week during our heat wave. It was unbelievably hot. And it really only got to like 97*. I don't know how the people in the south can survive those 100+ degree temps! The good news is, my tan is looking pretty fabulous. :-) Vanity might literally be the death of me.

5. I'm going to try not to let my pregnancy take over these Saturday Sevens, but I just have to say that I am already so huge. I'm starting to get concerned about fitting into my bridesmaid dress for Libby's wedding in August. I only got one size bigger than I normally wear. We might have to do some creative alterations. I went back to look at pictures of my pregnancy with Lucy. I wasn't this big 'til like 17 or 18 weeks. And do you remember how huge I got with her? Ohhhhh man. I am going to be a whale.

6. I checked out a couple baby name books from the library this week. I don't like anything. We are going to have some serious trouble naming this child. I have looked at the social security administration's list of the top 1,000 baby names, and been on every baby name website I can imagine. Nothing is standing out to me. Or anything that does is already taken by a family member or doesn't go with our ridiculously long last name. Niki and I were talking about baby names at the pool this week in front of the kids she babysits for. One of them suggested the name Cody. If you know our last name, you know how funny that would be. Considering it. ;-)

7. I can't think of a 7th, so I'm just going to record one of my favorite Lucy-isms of late. She calls her hands "handas." "Wash handas please!" or "Hold handa." Haha. It cracks me up.

Have a great week, everyone! Stay cool!

Comments

  1. Don't stress about the name thing -- I'm a month from my due date and we still haven't firmed up a name yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment