The Saturday 8! (Bonus Point!)

1. We had a big weekend last week. Lucy's birthday was Saturday. We spent hours at Chuck E. Cheese thanks to the hundred tokens my mom got Lucy. We didn't even use them all.

2. Also on Saturday, Justin ran the 25K River Bank run in Grand Rapids. Lucy and I went to watch last year, but I didn't have a babysitter for Lena this year, and there was no way I would be able to push the double stroller through the crowd down there! Justin had a cold, so he didn't do as well as last year, but he finished! That alone is an incredible feat.

3. Sunday was Lucy's birthday party. She got spoiled like crazy and loved all the attention. Imagine that. Haha. Then, Monday was my brother Luke's birthday. Lucy and I decorated for him:
Poster on his door - Lucy decorated it with princess stickers. :-)
Lucy's portrait of Luke.
Balloons! (Don't mind his messy room! Haha.)
 4. Lena has been trying so hard to roll over this week! She just can't get past this:
She's also been doing awesome sleeping at night lately. One night this week, she slept from 6 pm-2 am. I checked on her around midnight to make sure she was breathing! Haha. And a few other nights recently she ate late (like 10ish), then only got up once in the middle of the night. Making progress!

5. Oh, I almost forgot to chronicle the great binky debacle of 2013! Lucy has loved her binky since the day she was born. I just couldn't bring myself to take it from her, but now that she's 3, I decided it's time to lay down the law. We've been warning her for months that when she turned 3, we'd throw them away. But when the time came, she was not happy.

Honestly, though, after the initial tears, she did amazingly well. She definitely asked for them often, and the first night it took her a while to go to sleep. The nap on day 2 was the worst. She screamed and cried for a long time. But after the first couple of days, she stopped asking for them altogether! Whew!

6. Unfortunately, she's been a real bear this week. It's probably because she's sick and is adjusting to the "no binkies" thing, but she has been driving me crazy. I've seen this website before, but I came across it again this week: http://reasonsmysoniscrying.tumblr.com/ - This dad takes pictures of the ridiculous things his son is crying about and captions them. Like "I wouldn't let him drown in this pond" or "I wouldn't let him drink my whiskey." I'm about ready to start doing this with Lucy. On Tuesday, she cried for a solid hour - including the entire time we were at Meijer - because she didn't want to wear the pants I picked out for her. Then yesterday she cried the whole 30 minute drive home from Kohl's because Justin didn't let her push the handicap button on the way out of the store. I seriously have to remind myself to breathe and relax my jaw because I get so tense!

I really think I need to start repairing some of the damage I've done by spoiling her. She just expects everyone to do what she wants when she wants it. Most of the time, it's not a big deal to do what she wants, and it's so much easier than listening to her cry for an hour. But that's some majorly lazy parenting. I foresee a couple rough weeks in our future. :-/
This is her "Don't take my picture" face.
7. I got a little annoyed with dieting this week. I really miss drinking scads of Dr Pepper. Plus I was really good (staying under 1700 calories every day but one - when I only went to 1800) and didn't lose any weight. I'm also a little concerned that I'm threatening my milk supply by so drastically decreasing my caloric intake. I don't want my body to think I'm starving and stop making milk! I ate whatever I wanted this weekend. I need to get back on the wagon on Monday - maybe just a little more moderately. We'll see. I have been sticking with my running program, though. I ran for 2 consecutive minutes this week. That's big news for me. Lol. And as soon as I wrap up this entry, I'm off to do it again! Wish me luck! :-)

8. I'm cheating and adding an extra today because I feel the need to record that we had Lena dedicated at church on Sunday. 
Pastor Chris gave her this verse "I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2) That is our prayer for her - that she will call on God as long as she lives. 

Also, on a more trivial note - I was so proud of that outfit. Haha. Justin gave me an Old Navy gift card for mother's day, so I went and tried on a million things that made me look frumpy, pregnant, or tubby. Then I found this dress. It was apparently returned in store after being purchased online because it didn't have a price on the tag. I took it to the counter and asked nervously how much it was . . . $10.99! I spent $12 on the sweater and $13 on the necklace! Quite a steal. Don't be surprised if you see me in this outfit a lot this summer. I have very few things that make me feel stylish. Haha. 

Comments