33 Weeks

That shirt is not doing me any favors . . .
Baby is the size of a durian this week . . . whatever that is . . .

How Far Along? 33 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +1 this week. +20 total. 
Maternity Clothes? Yep. Getting sick of seeing me in the blue striped shirt yet? Haha.
Sleep: With enough pillows and enough tossing and turning to find just the right position, I'm usually pretty good. Night sweats are back again. 
Best Moment This Week: My sister's mother-in-law being shocked that I have 2 months to go and asking if I was sure it's only 1. Haha. I think these comments are about to get a lot more frequent!
Movement: Tons. He's been all over this week. I usually feel hiccups on my left side, but they switched to my right for a few days, then back to my left. I'm feeling punches or something down low, but still getting kicks in the sides as well. I can't figure the kid out. 
Food Cravings: Still my regular fizzy drinks and cheese, but the sweets cravings have really kicked in this week. Donuts, brownies, cookies, etc. We stopped at the discount grocery store yesterday and I bought all junk food. So much for gaining less this time around . . .
Food Aversions: Nothing. 
Gender: It's a boy!!!!  
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks, dropping
What I Miss: Being able to do normal activities without worrying about how much it's going to hurt me.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Meeting this baby. Dressing him in all his adorable little clothes. Doing the newborn phase again. 
Milestones: According to the bump, he's between 4 and 5 pounds! He could grow up to an inch this week alone. And he's "starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing." It kind of boggles my mind that he can breathe, suck, or swallow while immersed in amniotic fluid, but I'm not particularly bright . . .

I wrote in the Saturday 7 about my pain, but I'm going to do a quick recap here as well. It got a lot worse this week. On Monday, it suddenly felt very different. Instead of the general achiness in my back, hips, and pelvis, it became much more intense. The underside of my stomach suddenly hurts, my pelvis feels like it's ripping in half, and my sciatic pain has gotten way worse. It used to just be an ache in my butt. On and off throughout this week, the pain has spread all the way down my leg and wrapped around to the top of my foot. Walking just became a lot more difficult. I'm also starting to get the pain in my inner thighs as well. That's got to be a sign of him dropping, right? I did another comparison pic this week. I think it pretty well explains why I'm hurting so much:
The difference between 29 weeks and 32 weeks. Getting pointy and low . . . and big.
I've been going to the chiropractor once a week. I feel good for a couple hours afterward, but it doesn't seem to help much beyond that. And I kind of think he made it worse this week. A few hours after my appointment, I got this awful spasm in my upper back, near my ribs. I laid in bed for a while and it got a lot better, but seriously. I don't need any more problems.

Yesterday, I wore my maternity belt to Chuck E. Cheese. When we got home, I sat for a couple hours before getting up on my feet again. I think the combination of rest and the belt really did help. I was much more capable of moving last evening. Usually by evening, I'm crippled in my chair.

A couple fun things this week: I got a killer Kohl's deal on plain white onesies, so I stocked up on those. And then I saw an Amazon deal on Moby wraps. I have a hand-me-down Ergo that I used when Lena was a year old. She never liked it, but I'm hoping if I start this baby out young enough, he'll be a fan. That said, it doesn't have the newborn insert, and my research online doesn't show many people using it for their newborns. I'm not sure my back will be able to handle babywearing those first few months anyway, but I've been thinking about getting a stretchy Moby-type wrap to use until he's ready for the Ergo. So when I saw it on Amazon for $14.15 (regularly over $60), I snatched it up! The only ones on sale were the MLB styles, but I found a Tiger's one, so Justin will be happy. And I don't really care what's on it. :-) I can't wait to try it out! (Look at me becoming an attachment parent . . .)

Comments