The Sunday 7

My heart's not really in this today. It will probably be an abbreviated version.

1. This was my first full week with 5 kids. I didn't actually have all 5 every day, but there were days that I did. (Although Lucy doesn't really count, since she's pretty self sufficient.) It went very well. 



Christmas cookies in July!



Nova may have eaten more frosting than she actually put on the cookies. Lol

Lunch time

Dress up time. This was one of those 90* days, and Levi insisted on wearing that fleece costume over his clothes all day.

2. I'm feeling some anxiety about Levi starting school in a couple months. It's irrational anxiety. Part of me is afraid he won't be potty trained enough to go, but the other part of me is anxious about my baby going off to school. It's the beginning of the end of an era. Soon all three will be in school full time, and then what?  Anyway, at Levi's well-child appointment the doctor asked me if he can draw a person with at least three body parts, and my response was, "Uhhhhhh, I don't think he's ever tried." He only draws cars and dogs. He's never even tried to draw a person. Haha. So I asked him if he could. And then I got all sentimental looking at his precious little face as he concentrated, noticed his chubby little cheeks and wondered how long it will be before his face starts to thin out and lose that baby fat. I think I'm especially emotional lately because my relationship with Lucy is so strained. And she used to be my baby. She used to love me. We were best buddies. How many years do I have left of Lena and Levi loving me? 

The good news is he can draw people. The bad news is they look totally creepy. Lol




3. My diet didn't go as well this week. Last week, I did the intermittent fasting and ate pretty healthy when I did eat. This week, I mostly did the intermittent fasting, but pretty much ate (and drank) what I wanted during my "eating hours." And I definitely noticed the difference. Haha. Regardless, I'm down five pounds. I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing. It's better than nothing, but not so restrictive that it makes me crazy. 

4. I've struggled through a lot of depression and lethargy this week. Everyone once in a while, I have my little meltdown - I'm sick of cleaning, sick of doing laundry, sick of thinking up meals, sick of feeding my insanely picky children 3 meals and 6,000 snacks every day, sick of dealing with their behavior issues and their screen addictions and their bad attitudes (I can't imagine where they get it from). It's a desperate spiral and I still haven't fully climbed out of it (hence today's lazy attempt at blogging). Thankfully my new dishwasher is being delivered on Tuesday. Unfortunately, we just got a notice from the township that they're laying a new water line on our street that same day, so we won't have water most of the day. At least I didn't pay extra for installation. That's all on Justin. Haha.

5. That's all I can muster up today. Here's a couple more pictures.
Good little dietitian's son eating his carrot by the pool.

Lena: look! I made a cat with a hoodie. Can I use your phone to take a picture so you can put it on your blog?

Comments