The Saturday 7

1. Despite church being cancelled, we were able to have a somewhat normal Easter.  I scaled back a little on Easter baskets this year because I'm getting burnt out on materialism. Haha. 


Levi named that plushy thing Robotic Squishy Bubbles and is totally obsessed with him. Lena got that "Birds of Michigan" book from the library a year ago and loved it so much when I saw it at Goodwill last week, I snapped it up. 

We watched the sermon online, then went to Justin's parents' for a deliciously traditional ham dinner and cards. It was a gorgeous day, so when we got home, I did an Easter egg hunt for the kids.

Lucy was there too. She's just picture-averse these days.

2. Monday was the first day of Spring Break. We kicked it off with sleeping in, playing with Nova, and going to the park. 

It was so warm, the kids actually broke out the shorts!

The weather was beautiful the first three days of Spring Break, so we had a parade of neighbor kids coming and going through our yard. It got close to 80 on Wednesday and the kids put the sprinkler under the trampoline. 

I even sat outside for a while, and soaked up some Vitamin D to ward off Covid/get a tan. 

2. On Tuesday we had a play-date with some friends we haven't seen in way too long. Lucy played with Presley . . .


Lena played with Harper . . .
And Levi played with . . .
The dog! 😂


I got to have adult conversation and eat chocolate chip cookies, so it was a win for everyone involved!

3. On Wednesday, Nash and Saylor came over to play. 
It was bright. Lol. Nova loooooves babies.

So does Lucy. 💗

I mean, how can you not love those little cheeks and fingers and nose??!! 😍

We knew it was going to be our last day of sunshine for the week, so we took advantage of it with popsicles outside. Levi sat on my lap, so I made him take a selfie with me . . .
Lena popped in at the last second.

Another little photobomber didn't quite make it into the second picture.

But there she is for the 3rd! Lol. 
A little preview of summer. We can't wait!!

4. On Wednesday night, Lena's friend Aubrey came over to spend the night. (Her parents listed their house for sale on Thursday and wanted somewhere for Aubrey to go during all the showings. Kelly posted on facebook later that between Thursday and Sunday, they had 52 showings scheduled!!!! It really makes me want to sell our house just to see how much we could get for it! But then we'd have to pay top-dollar for another house, so it goes both ways.) Anyway, it was the first sleepover Lena had ever hosted and she was very excited. Aubrey got to come with us to Justin's parents' for pizza and a bonfire:

That night at like 10:30 the girls decided to show Aubrey how they make chocolate covered strawberries/marshmallows. #springbreak #justkidding #mykidsalwaysstayupthatlate

On Thursday, they made stress balls:
Their making of stress balls gives me more stress than it relieves. #mess

They taught Aubrey the game "Garbage."

Then the ice cream truck came down our street for the first time this year and I actually had cash on me. We couldn't pass up that opportunity!



5. Friday was our only day with no extra kids, so we went to see Raya and the Last Dragon - with Niki and Nova of course. Haha.

That night, Lucy got invited to a friend's house for a sleepover, and Lena had another friend over for a few hours. 

Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good spring break! We were able to see lots of friends that helped keep us from staring at our screens all week, and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Even though rain was forecasted for the latter half of the week, it was scattered and still warm, so the kids played outside between rain showers. I will say, though, that I can't wait 'til swimming in Niki's pool is Levi's daily bath. Lol. We're staunchly every other day bathers around here (sometimes longer if I'm honest), but Levi doesn't believe in shoes (or coming inside to go potty 🤦), so he is filthy at the end of every day. He's been getting daily baths all week, which is such a pain. Isn't he old enough to clean himself yet??

6. The other slight downfall of spring break this year is that it fell during the first week of my spring semester classes. Last semester I took 2 classes - both taught by the same professor. She's very laid back, the assignments were mostly easy, and she wasn't super organized. This semester I'm taking 3 classes - two by that same professor, but one by a new prof. The new prof. is much more organized/Type A/full of expectations. She had 8 introductory videos about proper citations, late assignment policies, discussion board expectations, etc. And of course the first assignment she gave us was to make an introductory video and post it to the class discussion board. I literally made my video at midnight and said right in it, "My kids are home on spring break, so this is the only time it's quiet enough in my house to make an uninterrupted video." Haha. We also had to do some readings and take a quiz on them, complete with article summaries. I was very nervous about my attempts to properly cite the sources, but I got a 100% and a comment that my summaries were "outstanding," so I'm breathing a sigh of relief on that one!

7. More pics:
Still killin' it in the kitchen, in case anyone was wondering.

I was cleaning off a shelf today and found this birthday card Lena made Levi. 

Have you ever read anything so precious in your entire life??!! 😭😭😭

When my Grandpa moved in with my parents a couple months ago, he had to downsize his possessions. He made his living as an artist (especially portraits), and we were able to inherit some of his works. This week I finally got around to hanging some up.
The top one is a print, but the bottom two are originals. My first original artwork!

That's a drawing of me. Awwwww!


And while I was on a redecorating kick, I finally had Justin hang up the shelves I got for Christmas! Haha.
Kind of a terrible picture, but you get the idea. That fat cow picture was hanging at my parents' house for years. They were going to get rid of it when they moved, but I rescued it because I'm a sap. #nostalgia 

Comments