The Saturday 7

1. Last week of summer! 😭 It's always bittersweet. A huge part of me is excited to get back into the school routine, but I'm definitely going to miss lazy days at the pool and all the cousin fun. I think all the other schools in our area started last week, so we got to enjoy an extra few days of fun before school starts. We stayed busy all week. 

2. I was actually at school most of the day on Monday for staff in-service. Things are going to be very different for me this year, since I'll be doing library on a cart instead of in the library. I'm still not 100% sure what that will look like, so I'll be winging it for the first week or two. Haha. But my co-librarian, Mrs. Miller, and I got our office set up and we got our schedules, so I'm excited. I'm officially working two days a week this year, and I don't have to do recess duty!! Hallelujah! Haha. We're also going to be incorporating more "library skills" and "21st century learner" stuff this year, so I'm looking forward to digging into that and coming up with some lesson plans, per se. That's right up my alley.

Another thing I'm excited about is the new Smart Boards the school got via a grant. I went to Smart Board training on Tuesday, and while it's a bit overwhelming, I'm looking forward to trying it out. I made a Google Slides presentation for my first class, and thanks to Pinterest I figured out how to insert my Bitmoji. I'm going to have way too much fun with that. 😂


3. Thursday was the Back to School Open House/pictures. I have to get my picture taken for my staff ID/the yearbook. Last year, I had a friend do my hair and makeup. This year, I was determined to do it myself. I'm almost 37 years old. I can figure out a curling iron. So the night before I watched YouTube tutorials, stood in front of the mirror with my phone paused so I could make sure I was holding the curling iron exactly right, spent half an hour painstakingly curling every strand, and then literally cried when I was done because it looked ridiculous. How can I not figure this out?!?! I got some tips from my sisters/nieces and did a better job on Thursday, but it still doesn't look anything like the YouTubers or the beautiful women I see in real life. Oh well. It was good enough for a yearbook picture. And I think God wants to keep me humble about my vanity. Lol. 

4. The kids were happy to see their classrooms/friends/teachers. Lena was actually very nervous about the whole thing, but seeing her classroom and feeling a little more prepared gave her some peace. Right now she's excited for the first day. But I'm sure it will be an adjustment. Levi is the least excited of the 3, and going all day every day is going to be a big adjustment for him. I do not anticipate it going well. Lol. Lucy is hot stuff in 7th grade now and switching classes. She takes it all in stride. 

5. On Friday, Nash came over for a sleepover! Levi's been so excited that he finally gets to be part of a sleepover for the first time. It cracks me up listening to him and Nash plot together, "What sleepover activities should we do? Let's do stuff that's for boys only!" So far that has consisted of a lot of weaponry and fort building. There's also been a fair amount of fighting. They don't always get along the best. Lol. But they slept really well last night, and have been having fun together, so I think it's worth it. 😊





Breakfast and a show. Can you tell them apart from behind? 😁 #samebarber

6. This morning was the alumni soccer game at school. Justin and some other graduates played against the team he's currently coaching. Once again, Justin was the oldest by far, but he's arguably in the best shape of all the alumni. I guess it pays to work a manual labor job, play soccer on an adult league all summer, and coach high school boys all fall. I love watching him play on our old high school stomping grounds, though. It always makes me marvel at how far we've come, and how much high school me would've loved knowing this would be my life 20 years down the road. 💗





7. 

My baby! 😭

This cracks me up 

Who knew?

100% me with Justin. He's not nearly as entertained by me as I am.

Comments