The Saturday 7

1. The first week of summer break was a success! We did some swimming, some bike riding, some popsicle eating, went to Nash and Nova's t-ball game,  and even went out for ice cream with Grandpa and Grandma. Of course I made us a summer schedule, and of course we only stuck to it for one day. 😂 It's still going to be my loose goal, but I'm not tied to it if other things come up. Mostly, it's a visual guide for my kids to know when they're allowed to do screen time. I was pleasantly surprised this week that they did a decent job of entertaining themselves outside of screens. Lena, my little "cruise director" made a Summer Bucket List, and she and Levi checked off a few things already (movie night, giant living room fort, etc.). Levi's been working hard on gaining confidence on his bike, so he's been riding up and down our street a lot. He's even been playing with Legos and these straw connector things!

2. Lena decided to spend some of her leftover birthday money on a nice face painting kit from Amazon. She and Levi have spent hours painting the face of anyone who will let them ever since then.






3. I don't write much about Lucy, because she's at the age that she doesn't appreciate her business being broadcasted by her mom on the Internet. But I think it's safe to tell you that she's spent most of Summer Break so far listening to podcasts (Sadie Robertson Huff, Annie F. Downs, Matthew West, Pod Meets World, etc.), and devouring the Christy Miller/Sierra Jensen books (by Robin Jones Gunn). She's also done a lot of sleeping in like the true teenager she is. 

4. I survived another week of working at Once Upon. My first week of evenings. Justin and I were ships passing in the night and didn't see much of each other this week. And it's only going to get worse as the summer goes on. I work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - leaving as soon as he gets home from work, and not getting home until he's in bed. In the next couple of weeks, he'll start playing soccer with his old man league on Tuesday nights, and I have Book Club on Thursday nights. 

I still haven't been trained to do any of the real work at Once Upon. On Monday and Wednesday, I finished clearancing, and on Friday I spent five hours putting price tags on clothing. That's fine with me, I just feel like all the other workers wonder why I get all the cush jobs. 🤷

5. We're really starting to gear up for Soccer Camp, now that it's only a month away. I've been making graphics and preparing displays and working on registration. If you're local to me with a kid entering 1st-5th grade who likes soccer, hit me up for the details! Last year we had just over 200 kids signed up. So far this year there are 168 registered, with a month to go! We also have over 90 volunteers signed up to help! Isn't that amazing? I love seeing the church come together for a cause!

6. I really should change this to the Saturday 6, because I never make it to seven anymore. . . . On to pics and memes . . .
One of 500 selfies I found on my phone.


Stinkin' cat in the tree. She actually went way higher before she finally figured out how to get down. 🤦

 


This whole series is hilarious.




This guy gets me.

Hahahahahaha! #representationmatters 



Comments