The Saturday 7

1. Another wonderful week of summer. Honestly I'm torn between cherishing every moment of summer vacation and feeling so ready for school to start. Haha. This week we spent a lot of time at the pool:


2. Tuesday was another rough depression day for me. I was questioning every parenting decision I've ever made, and overwhelmed by prepping for this dumb garage sale. But Wednesday we had such a great day. Levi and Nova played so nicely together all day (which tends to be a rarity). They entertained themselves with Legos and drawing while I sorted through years worth of accumulated junk.


3. On Thursday, Sister-in-Law Esther and I went to the beach. I was anxious about parking because I don't have a recreation pass on my license plate, and apparently that's required now. But the girl in the booth let me buy a pass on the spot. It was $18, but will last until I renew my plates. We're going to have to go to the beach a couple more times before October to get our money's worth out of it! Haha. Anyway, Thursday was the perfect beach day. Smoking hot, pure sunshine, and nice warm, calm water. Personally, I'd prefer bigger waves, but it's nice for the kids - and for us moms when there are only two of us and four kids to watch. (I couldn't talk Lucy into joining us. #teenagers)







Running down the dune (and Ruby biffing it - lol)









Lena was Casper's bff all day. He rarely left her side. 

We stayed for five hours, and despite wearing and reapplying sunscreen a couple times, I got a little fried. The worst part was my ears. I forgot to put sunscreen on them at all, and they're still killing me! The rest of my burn was tan again by the next day, so I at least I have that going for me. 

4. I discovered a new obsession game via facebook this week. First of all, I'm sorry if I sent you an individual invitation to play it. I thought I was just posting a general invitation on my facebook wall, but I think it went out as a facebook message to a bunch of people. #awkward. But it's another word game - pretty much like Boggle, but super fast. I'm not as good at it as Words with Friends, because I need time to think and find the words, so it's an added challenge for me. But that hasn't stopped me from trying! It's called WordBlitz if you want to try and beat me. 

5. Cleaning and purging my house this week has wreaked havoc on my back - which hasn't been good for the work situation. Until this week, I would've said my back has adjusted pretty well to Once Upon, and the pain isn't as unbearable as it was at first. But it was really bad again this week. Yesterday, I had to take ibuprofen an hour into my shift so I could make it the next four hours. This is why I just need to lay on the couch all the time. Any slight deviation from my normal gets me all out of whack again. #oldlady #woeisme

6. Today, Justin and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. Our Arizona trip in January was technically our anniversary gift to each other, so today's celebration was very low key. My stomach (which has actually been doing pretty well lately) hurt all day, so I was nervous about going out to eat, but I popped a xanax in the restaurant and I think that helped. (Half of my stomach problems are obviously anxiety.) We went to El Burrito Loco in a nod to the amazing Mexican food we had in Arizona (and because it's a proven fact that Mexican food is great for an upset stomach 😂). It was delicious, and didn't even make me sick!
It was also wicked expensive. But isn't everything these days?

Then we got some groceries, picked up our kids, and came home to do a bonfire. 
This is what 18 years of wedded bliss looks like.




7. Pics and memes
Cutie Cove at the pool

Helping me with the hardest puzzle I've ever done

Proof that we finished it. Side note: Lena picked this out at a garage sale. I glanced at it briefly, but didn't realize it was all about crystals and incense and voodoo nonsense until we got home. Haha. Oops!






Lol we just talked about this at book club. I 100% would just let the zombies kill me. 



Literal story of my life




I'm definitely a 3. Lol

Comments