The Saturday 7

1. It was birthday week for Levi. We started on Sunday with my family. Since Saylor's birthday is just 6 days before his, they got to have a joint celebration. Levi told me on the way there that he loves sharing his birthday with her. I hope she'll feel the same way as she gets old enough to know better! Haha.



2. The other news of the week was the weather. 

Those ice cream drivers ain't no dummies. They know my kids have been waiting all winter to blow their money on overpriced ice cream! Lol. 

That was Monday after school. On Tuesday, we broke the record high, hitting 73* on February 27!
I opened all the windows!

All three kids outside after school!

But, of course, all good things must come to an end. It was a one day phenomenon that swiftly reverted back to normal.

By 5:00 it was 71* but we were under a winter weather advisory. It's not every day you see those two things side by side! Lol.

I got this weather alert that tomorrow would be 40* cooler than today!

Then there were severe storms. So for an hour, the winter weather advisory overlapped with the severe thunderstorm watch. Lol.

Even my Google weather app didn't predict such a drastic 24 hour swing! 50 degrees!

3. Needless to say, I had a migraine by Wednesday afternoon. My delicate sensibilities can't handle these weather anomalies. I always hesitate to call my headaches migraines, because I know I have a low pain threshold, but this was different than my run-of-the-mill headaches. It made me extremely nauseous and dizzy and my eyelids hurt. Lol. Seriously, though. For three days I had intermittent head pain, near constant nausea, and the insatiable urge to close my eyes. Delightful.

4. Levi's actual birthday was on Thursday - and when I say "actual," it's a big deal. This was only his second actual birthday thanks to Leap Year.

Everyone reminded him that he was only two, not eight, but he's a good sport about it. He spent his birthday doing his favorite things: eating, watching TV, and playing Roblox on my phone. I made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then since I was working at school on Thursday, I got him McDonald's for lunch and let him eat it in my office with me. 
That smile. 🤦

He got a card from one of my former teachers (thanks, Mrs. Drexel!). I didn't even know they make specific Leap Year birthday cards. He got a kick out of it.

After school, he got to open his presents:
I made him put a hat on for pictures because his hair is so bad. I just never have time to take him to get it cut!

His big present was a new bike. He was terrified at first and refused to ride it, but Justin forced him to today and he's getting much more comfortable with it.

I think this was his favorite present, though. It's a scooter with a Nerf gun built into it. So you can scoot and shoot simultaneously. Haha. The best part is that I got it from Once Upon - brand new for $18! (It's $50 on Amazon!) 

This kid humbles me about my parenting abilities every day, but we sure do love him. 


5. As one of my librarian responsibilities, I got put in charge of the Book Fair at school this year. Unfortunately, space constraints don't allow for the book fairs of old when you got to go into a room filled with tables of books and scented erasers. So we did an online Book Fair for the first time this year. I found a company that promotes Christian values (because Scholastic has gotten way too woke for our Christian school) and have tried to get the word out to our students. For every dollar that is spent through our special shopping link, I'll get 20% back to buy new books for our library. I figured I might as well put the link here in case any of my friends want to buy some books and support my little library! The only issue is that the books ship to me at the school. So if you're not local to me, I won't be able to get them to you. Oh, and the shopping window closes tomorrow night at 11:59 p.m., so if you're gonna order, do it quickly! 😁

6. Well that's all for today. Enjoy these pics and memes:

Stella making herself comfortable

I truly am shocked.

This one had me in tears. 😂😂😂

I'd watch that!

I've been doing The Bible Recap with some friends and really enjoying it. This verse always cracks me up though, because most scholars believe Moses wrote the book of Numbers. 



I could have written this.

🤦

Comments