Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Party

I was originally going to keep Lucy's party simple.  I figured she's one year old and won't know the difference, but then I started looking up themes online and thinking of all the fun I could have and got a little carried away.  Haha.

Our theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Lucy loves the book because she can stick her fingers in the holes.  And I loved the idea of serving all the foods the caterpillar ate.

This was the "cake" I made.  It's 30some cupcakes and a two layer round cake.  I had never made a 2 layer cake before.  It was a beast to frost.  I'm not planning on quitting my day job. Haha.

And the food: 


We had food for everything the caterpillar eats in the book.  Apples, pears, plums, strawberries, and oranges - with fruit dip.  Then salami, cheese, pickles, watermelon, lollipops, cherry "pie" (just turnovers from the Meijer bakery), ice cream cones, cupcakes, chocolate cake, and a nice green leaf (the daffodil at the end).  I made super cute little labels for each food but didn't get a very good picture of them.  We also had sloppy joes as our main dish. That wasn't caterpillar related. :-)

Decorations:

Lucy's monthly pictures on the console table when you walk in the door.  Both of my sisters said the same thing when they came in: "Nice Lucy shrine!" Haha - it's just the pictures I took of her in the glider every month.




Balloon caterpillar :-)

The Birthday Girl

Birthday outfit. (Sitting with Aunt Libby)


Family :-)

It was a fun time and she got lots of great gifts.  Thanks to everyone who came and made it special for her!! I'll post more pictures on facebook soon.  

5 comments:

  1. Soooo cute :) You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I know what you mean about getting carried away after looking online at themes... I'm working on planning Abby's party. :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, wish I could have been there! She is SUCH a cutie...I love my niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sadie, I gave you a blogging award! - http://carrieroer.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blogging-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Pin It