The Party

I was originally going to keep Lucy's party simple.  I figured she's one year old and won't know the difference, but then I started looking up themes online and thinking of all the fun I could have and got a little carried away.  Haha.

Our theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Lucy loves the book because she can stick her fingers in the holes.  And I loved the idea of serving all the foods the caterpillar ate.

This was the "cake" I made.  It's 30some cupcakes and a two layer round cake.  I had never made a 2 layer cake before.  It was a beast to frost.  I'm not planning on quitting my day job. Haha.

And the food: 


We had food for everything the caterpillar eats in the book.  Apples, pears, plums, strawberries, and oranges - with fruit dip.  Then salami, cheese, pickles, watermelon, lollipops, cherry "pie" (just turnovers from the Meijer bakery), ice cream cones, cupcakes, chocolate cake, and a nice green leaf (the daffodil at the end).  I made super cute little labels for each food but didn't get a very good picture of them.  We also had sloppy joes as our main dish. That wasn't caterpillar related. :-)

Decorations:

Lucy's monthly pictures on the console table when you walk in the door.  Both of my sisters said the same thing when they came in: "Nice Lucy shrine!" Haha - it's just the pictures I took of her in the glider every month.




Balloon caterpillar :-)

The Birthday Girl

Birthday outfit. (Sitting with Aunt Libby)


Family :-)

It was a fun time and she got lots of great gifts.  Thanks to everyone who came and made it special for her!! I'll post more pictures on facebook soon.  

Comments

  1. Soooo cute :) You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I know what you mean about getting carried away after looking online at themes... I'm working on planning Abby's party. :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, wish I could have been there! She is SUCH a cutie...I love my niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sadie, I gave you a blogging award! - http://carrieroer.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blogging-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment