Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner!


I won my first blogging award!! Thank you so much to Carrie from Did You Hear the Singers Roer?  I feel so honored!

Here are the official rules for this award:

  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
  • Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
  • Give this award to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.


My seven things.  Hmmm. What is there to tell that you don't already know about me? Haha.

1. I regret not playing sports in high school.  It would have been a good way to make some friends. (I was kind of a loser. Haha.) And it would be nice to have some form of exercise I actually enjoy now as an adult.

2. I have never been out of the United States - not even Canada.

3. If I had the opportunity to go back to college, I would finish my degree in English so I could do freelance editing out of my home.

4. I wrote a romance novel in 9th grade. I printed and assembled it as a book and can not find it anywhere. I'm terrified to think who might have gotten their hands on it and just really hope my name isn't in it anywhere. Terribly embarrassing. Lol.

5. I was a Gerber model as a baby.  Well I was in one ad - my dad was their photographer for a while. :-)

6. I would gladly go out to eat every day for the rest of my life.  I love restaurant food - even chain restaurants and fast food!

7. Anyone who knows me well knows this, but for any newbies, it's a fun fact: my husband and I went to the same small Christian school together from kindergarten to 12th grade and got married when I was 19 and he was 20. Younguns. :-)

As for my fellow blogging friends who I feel deserve this award . . . The problem is, I stalk a lot of blogs and their writers don't know me, so I'd feel weird giving them an award. Lol.  I'll link to a few who do know me. :-) (In alphabetical order.)

1. Bread, Water, and Chocolate. This is my friend, Kelly, whose daughter, Presley, is 5 weeks older than Lucy.  They live 2 miles from our house and are a part of our small group.  Kelly has great recipes and money saving ideas on her blog.

2. Buckner's Buzz.  Joanne is a friend from church who always has great stories about her kids and fun recipes and tips for frugal living!

3. Goudy Howdy.  This is Elise. Our families have been friends forever. She's currently living in Russia with her husband and four kids, and has the most hilarious stories to tell about life in Russia.

4. Mevlink.  I was introduced to Karen through my college suitemate Kristy.  Karen is a mom of 2 beautiful girls and writes the most honest, interesting posts about her adventures in parenting.

5. SoKaley. My sister-in-law, Kaley, lives in San Francisco, California with a huge furry cat named Macy.  This is her blog.

6. The Lion and the Lambes. Rachel's blog is mostly devoted to her 1.75 kids, but I love her, so I had to include her as well!

7. The Manne Family News. Megan is another mom who chronicles life with her 4 adorable kids.  She also takes great pictures.  I really admire her parenting style.

That's all I've got.  Thanks again, Carrie! This was fun!

Comments

  1. You're welcome! I thought it was fun too. :)

    Ahh sports... I understand the sports thing too. :) I played volleyball in 7th & 8th grades, but was always on the B team. I didn't think I stood a chance in high school! My hubby and sister-in-law and best friend are all so athletic and so fit... how I wish I could be like them sometimes! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment