The Saturday 7

1. Lucy has a couple new words to report this week. I'm pretty sure she says "again" when we're doing something fun. The other day Justin, Lucy and I were playing Ring-around-the-rosie. She absolutely loved it, and every time we fell down she'd jump up and say "gen!" So cute.  But my favorite of her new words is whoa/wow! It's hilarious. Anytime she hears a loud noise she says, "wow!" The other day she was running through the living room and she tripped, but caught herself before falling and said "whoa!" Love it. I also love it when she says "oh." Yesterday we came in from outside and I sat down to take her shoes off. She started to run off before I got her coat off though, so I said "We have to take your coat off." She said "oh" - like "Oh, I forgot!" Haha. She's my fave.

2. She had a blast trick-or-treating. Her favorite part was walking between Justin and me holding our hands. She kept looking up at each of us with the biggest smile, like "This is the best thing in the world." Melted my heart! She also loved the people who let her pick her own candy out of the bowl. Although she had a hard time picking just one. Silly girl.

3. We're in Traverse City this weekend thanks to the generous hospitality of our friends Paul and Missy. I'm a terrible mother, and had very little trouble sending Lucy off to my parents' for the weekend. She's been super clingy lately, so I'm enjoying a little break. That said, everything reminds me of her, and I do totally miss her. Although I didn't miss my 8:00 wake up call this morning! ;-)

4. I finished another book this week: With by Skye Jethani. It came highly recommended by a friend, my dad, and my pastor. They all said it would help alleviate some of the fear Radical struck into me. And it did, to a degree. But mostly it just frustrates me that all these authors can come up with so many completely different ideas using the same Bible! I hate how anyone can twist the Bible to mean what they want it to mean. It only has one interpretation. Someone is wrong. I want to know what's right! And I don't want it to be Radical. ;-)

5. I found out this week that my boss's job is changing, which means my hours are changing. I will now be working a max of 10 days a month. Yikes. It'll be great to essentially be a stay at home mom, but it'll be real hard on our budget.

6. I made my favorite white chili recipe for dinner one day this week. I put it in the crockpot - which I swear I've done before - but the cheese totally did not melt - even after being in there for 6 hours! What do you think went wrong? Are you not supposed to put cheese in the crockpot? I was so confused.

7. I just started reading Acts during my devotions and have a question I'd like to pose to you, my faithful readers. Why do you think Christians today don't receive the Holy Spirit as visibly and dramatically as believers did at Pentecost?

Comments

  1. Sadie,
    I love reading ur blog! Very thought provoking and fun. Too cute Lucy is! So happy that she is talking more and more! The cheese in the crock pot...it depends on the kind of cheese I believe and the question on the book of Acts...We have blinders, on so it is more harder so us to get the perspective we so desperately need, and also we choose to ignore the Holy Spirits nudges. Its the choice we make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acts is what we're studying in BSF - I'm quite enjoying the study and have been asking the same question as well. I'm not sure I have an answer but I hope you enjoy Acts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8:00 wake-up call?? Try 7! Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I can picture you Trick-or-Treating with Lucy and it's SO sweet :)

    Being thankful for breaks from your kids does not make you a bad mom... I hope :O

    It kills me how people can twist the Bible. And the more I learn the more I think people make salvation waaaaay too complicated. Take it from Romans 10:9-10... "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."

    Ooh... rough that your hours got cut back so much. A mixed blessing I guess. As always, it'll work out.

    I wish we did get tongues of fire over our heads! That would clear the whole "am I saved?" thing right up! ...I don't have an answer for you. Nathan thinks it might have been to give the apostles authority that first time, since after that Christianity became so wide-spread and was credible on its own merit. But that's just speculation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Traverse City... my fav town here in MI :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy sure is adorable in her costume!

    And no bad mom award for spending time with your husband - that's a good mom plan!:)

    Ah, Bible interpretation - good luck!;)
    We took enough Bible classes at CU (and Jay even more in seminary) to come to the conclusion that...hmmmm...let's just say, that we would all be better off if more Christians said "I don't know" about most things. Most Bible interpretation is ridiculous and based on speculation and the person's own point of view. For instance, any of these books you're reading probably have very different content than a non-American, non-evangelical author would put into a book. It's aggravating for sure. Somebody's wrong and most likely they all are - I'm a cynic, yes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment