The Saturday 7

1. I went to Once Upon a Child this week to get Lucy some more winter clothes. I went in with the mindset of trying to get something besides pink, but left with one purple shirt and about 4 pink ones. Haha. There's just a much greater selection of pink, and the pink stuff is so much cuter! :-)

2. We were selected to do the Nielsen rating system this week. I loved it. Except it's very difficult to write down everything we watch with a husband like mine. He is a serial channel flipper.

3. It snowed for the first time this season on Thursday. I was amazed at how much accumulated! I really thought it would all melt when it hit the ground. I like snow the first couple of times. It's pretty and inspires the Christmas spirit in me. But it can go away after Christmas.

4. Speaking of Christmas, I got started on Lucy's presents this week. Yesterday, my fabulous friend Becky came over with a free play kitchen that her kids never use. I'm so excited! Lucy's going to love it. Becky also brought her sister over, who bought our Wii! Woohoo! I listed it on craigslist twice and got a total of 2 responses. I put it on facebook on a whim and got a bunch of responses within minutes! So now we have Christmas money! Although we're definitely not going to spend all of it. We're majorly cutting back on Christmas presents this year. Pretty much only buying for Lucy, Chase, and Lyla. Sorry friends and family. You're out of luck. :-(

5. So in case you didn't see it on facebook, I have to record the puking incident here as well. Lucy had a rough day on Thursday. She was super constipated all day - really crying and straining. But she was feeling better by dinner time, so we decided to go run some errands. We were in Taco Bell and all of the sudden she gagged and puked all over herself, the table, the highchair, and the floor. It was pretty much pure clear liquid, so I just figured she choked on a piece of tortilla or something. I changed her into the extra outfit I keep in my diaper bag, and she acted totally fine. She chowed down the rest of her taco and was her happy, smiley self. So we went to Kohl's.

We browsed for a long time and she ran around, playing with Justin, squealing and laughing, not acting strange at all. Suddenly she grabbed her stomach and started whining. I fleetingly thought, "I hope she doesn't puke again" but didn't think anything of it. A minute later, she started spewing chunks. It was disgusting. And it just kept coming and coming. Justin and I both stood there paralyzed. Haha. It got all over her, the cart she was riding in, the floor, etc. By this time, I was out of clothes, so Justin stripped her and wrapped her in his coat while I grabbed a new outfit and ran to the register to buy it.

She was fine and happy again as soon as she was done puking, shouting "nay nay!" in the store as we got her dressed and giggling the whole way home. She's puked once today but it was hardly anything. I really hope she's done! Poor kid.

6. I read another super cheesy book this week: Love Finds You in Branson Missouri. My sister read it and she's usually not a fan of cheese, so I thought it would be good. Wow. It was ridiculous. But I still liked it. Haha. Because, let's face it, I love cheese.

7. I'm actually writing this entry on Friday because I'm going to be gone all day Saturday. I'm going on a bus trip with Justin's mom, grandma, and sister to Shipshewana for shopping and a play.  Haha. I'm not too sure about it, but we'll make it fun. I'm so blessed to love the family I married into. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

  1. Hope you had a great weekend!! And I hope Lucy is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Lucy is better! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment