Lena: 10 Months

I think every month, I'm a little later with the update. Haha. Here's what's up at 10 months.
The first and only picture I got of her looking at the camera.
This is what most of the pictures look like. Haha.
Eating
She's nursing every 4 hours around the clock. Sometimes during the day, she doesn't nurse very well. I wonder if she's getting ready to drop a feeding. (I dropped Lucy's afternoon feeding at 10 months) But then some days, she acts like she's starving. She loves solid food. She can eat pretty much anything now. Some of her recent favorites have been lasagna, cheese roll-ups (with green bean puree - sneaky, sneaky), beef-a-roni (with carrot puree), cheese, and cinnamon rolls. Hehe. That's my girl. I'm really trying to feed her 3 real meals a day. She has a jar of baby food here and there. She'll still only eat fruit from a jar, but it's better than nothing, right? And I work hard to incorporate veggies in other areas of her diet.

Sleep
She usually nurses around 10:30 or 11 pm, gets up once in the night, then is up for the day between 6 and 7:30. It works out well since I don't go to bed 'til 10:30 or 11, so I'm technically only getting up with her once in the night. I've been trying to only feed her on one side and if perchance she wakes up before 4 hours is up, I put her binky back in her mouth and lay her back down without getting her out of the crib. Justin has next week off, though, so I think CIO might take place. So many people have told me lately stories about doing CIO one night and their kid getting the hang of it the next night. A girl can dream, right? Haha.

She generally takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap. I've been trying to keep her up longer in between the two. But if she takes a super early morning nap or I can't keep her up long in between, she ends up having an afternoon nap and going to bed later. The joy of being a stay at home mom is it doesn't really matter! :-)


Milestones
I feel like she learned so much in the past month. She does "so big," and peek-a-boo, she sometimes waves, and she's just started clapping in the past week. She's also had a vocabulary boom. After some debate, I've decided her first word is "uh-oh." She said "hi" once, but not again for at least a week. During that week, "uh-oh" cropped up. Haha. She usually only says "hi" to animals. She loves saying it to Lola, and also tried it out on Paul and Missy's dog recently. She says "uh-oh" all the time. Yesterday at the grocery store, she had a grand ole time spitting her binky out on the floor, leaning over to look at it from the cart, and declaring "uh-oh!" over and over again. It's a good thing she has such a sweet, adorable little voice! She also says "mama" very clearly. I sometimes think she's using it on purpose, but other times she's definitely just babbling it.

She's really started to cruise around furniture in the past couple of weeks. She's quite the pro at going from the ottoman to the footstool to the couch. She pulls up on the bottom drawer in the kitchen and can pull it open to get to the measuring cups. She even climbed up Lucy's 2-step step stool recently. I had originally thought she'd be an early walker, but I'm starting to think she'll be right on track with Lucy and walk right around her 1st birthday.

We bought Lucy a high-back booster last week, so Lena moved into Lucy's convertible carseat (rear-facing of course).

She has started to show a little bit of a temper. Haha. This is a video I took of her one night getting mad at the Elmo phone. Every time she closed it, she got so mad that she couldn't get it back open - complete with fist clenching and shaking. Haha.

She loves to dance, and gets excited every time she hears music. 

She's still obsessed with me. Although I made it through the whole service at church yesterday for the first time in months! She usually doesn't make it much longer than half an hour in nursery. I'm planning on Black Friday shopping and will be working a 6 hour shift at the dollar store on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes! (Pray for Justin!)

She crawls on her hands and knees for short distances. If she wants to go far or fast, she flops on her belly to army crawl.

Still no teeth in sight! At her doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago, the doctor said it doesn't look like she's even close to getting teeth! Haha. Welcome to a lifetime of late maturing, my dear. 

She is silly and crazy and makes the funniest noises and faces. We love her so much!

Comments