36 Weeks


See why I usually wear my glasses for these pics? They hide those bags under my eyes! At least I was having a good hair moment. Haha.
And front view - just for fun. See my belly button? Haha.

Baby is the size of a honeydew melon!

How Far Along? 36 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +2 this week. +24 total. 
Maternity Clothes? Getting very sick of them. And a lot of them are getting too small. I only have a few shirts that truly cover my belly and one pair of jeans that isn't uncomfortably tight.
Sleep: Love it. Can't get enough. Still sweating and in pain, though.  
Best Moment This Week: Having less pain! Getting my free breast pump (more on that below . . .)
Movement: Yep. They say babies tend to slow down toward the end, but he's just as turbo as ever. There are always body parts sticking up out of my belly - elbows, knees, feet? Fascinating and disgusting.
Food Cravings: Cinnamon Life cereal, Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, cheese, pop, milk, ice cream, donuts:
The remnants of the donut I had yesterday. Lol. #crumbcatcher #pumpkinbelly #bellybuttonpop
Food Aversions: Nothing. 
Gender: It's a boy!!!!  
Labor Signs: Ever increasing BH. That's it. No real contractions, no mucous plug (such a disgusting term).
What I Miss: Jumping right out of bed or standing up from a seated position without excruciating pain.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Two days of vacation in the hospital. I get to stay in bed, watch TV, have my meals delivered to my bedside, and snuggle my baby! 
Milestones: One month to go!!


So I heard that since I was last pregnant, something has changed that allows you to get a free breast pump through your insurance. I'm a baby about making phone calls, so when I found a website that allows you to just enter your information to see if you're eligible, I jumped aboard. It took me five minutes to enter my insurance information and choose a pump should I qualify. I never got a confirmation email, so I wasn't sure if I did it right, but then one day last week I got a random phone call telling me my order had shipped! It came a few days later - totally free! And it's a major upgrade from my old pump. I just had a $60 Evenflo double electric from Target. But I lost the AC adapter and had to keep putting new batteries in it. This time, I read some reviews and chose the Hygeia Q. It looks kind of scary, but everyone said it's super quick and efficient. I don't need anything fancy, since I don't work outside the home, but I'm all about having a freezer stash and ability to be away from my baby for more than 2 hours at a time when necessary (assuming this baby is less picky than Lena and will actually take a bottle). I'm so excited!

I have my 36 week appointment tomorrow. I'm getting the GBS swab, so I wonder if he'll check me while he's down there.  I know dilation doesn't mean much, but I'm still curious. I told myself if I'm at least a 3 I'll pack my hospital bag, otherwise I'm going to wait til 37 weeks. I hate looking at that packed bag for weeks and not going into labor. Haha. At the same time, I'm nervous that this will be my early baby and I won't be prepared. I just keep telling myself not to get my hopes up about going early. I thought I would with both of the girls and didn't. There's no reason to think this time will be any different!

Comments