Levi: 4 Months





My little man is 1/3 of a way to a year! How is this possible??

He's such a happy, smiley baby. He loves attention and will smile pretty much anytime someone talks to him or plays with him.



I have to be sneaky with the camera, though, because he doesn't like to smile when he sees it. Haha.

He loves patty-cake (prefers doing it with his feet over his hands), so-big, and "this little piggy." He loves when I get his cheeks with his toes or when I "run" his legs. He loves it when Daddy blows raspberries on his belly or in his armpits. You never know what's going to make him giggle. Sometimes he giggles when I tickle him. Other times, he just gives me a blank stare. Haha. One night, he thought it was hilarious every time I yelped "ow!" when he kicked me. But I've tried it again since then and he wasn't amused. I spend a lot of time doing ridiculous things trying to get him to laugh because it is so adorable.

He also has an adorable pout face. I finally caught in on camera a couple weeks ago:

His new trick is sucking on his fingers. I'm nervous that he's going to start preferring them over his Binky. I may let my kids have their Binkies too long, but when I decide they need to be done, I can throw it in the trash and go cold turkey. You can't throw fingers in the trash. Look how cute he is when he sucks on them, though:

I took the newborn net out of his bath a couple weeks ago and he loves the freedom to kick and splash in the water.
And look at those fat rolls! He's porking out!
Scary monster!
He's finally starting to get better head control. He's much less bobbly than he used to be. He hates tummy time and either buries his face in the floor or pukes all over, so I try to put him in the Bumbo fairly often so he can work on head control and give his poor flat head a break.

As a result of the lack of tummy time, he doesn't even try to roll. If he was my first baby I might be worried. But as my third, I'm thankful that he stays where I put him and I don't have to worry about him rolling away. Haha.

He adores being outside. Sometimes if he's crying inconsolably and I don't know what else to do, I take him outside. 98% of the time, he calms right down.


We spend a lot of time rocking in the hammock.
Breastfeeding
He's getting faster. He's usually done in 10 minutes as long as he pays attention and doesn't stop to smile and chat with me. Haha. I also think he's starting to stretch out his feedings a little longer. There have been a few times recently that we've been out and about or I've been trying to make dinner or give the girls a bath right at the 3 hour mark, and he doesn't seem to mind waiting. It used to be that he'd start getting hangry at about 3 hours exactly. He started refusing to take a bottle this month. He did so well with it for a few months, but has suddenly decided he wants no part of it. Blurg.

Sleep
We've had some sleep regression since last month's update. He slept through the night for a good two weeks, then all of a sudden stopped. At first, I thought he was just having a growth spurt, but that was three weeks ago and he's still getting up to eat in the night. He usually has his last feeding between 8 and 9, sleeps 'til 3:30-4:30, eats quickly and goes right back to sleep, then is up for the day around 7. And naps are becoming a little bit more predictable. He takes an hour or two nap in the morning in the swing. After his lunchtime feeding, I swaddle him and put him in the rock n' play where he has his long nap of the day - usually 3-4 hours. Then he does one more evening nap in the swing most nights.

He fights sleep hard. When he's in the swing, I constantly replace his Binky and put blankets/burp cloths/his lovey up by his face. He loves having something to burrow his face into. And if I'm trying to get him to sleep without the swing, I usually swaddle him, hold him in the cradle position and stick a blanket between him and me for him to burrow into. He screams and acts very mad for a while as I pace the house or rock in the hammock and then he'll suddenly stop and fall asleep. I put him in nursery for the first time on Sunday and got called out toward the end of the service because he was screaming so hard. The workers thought he must be hungry, but I knew that he was just tired and fighting sleep. As soon as I got him in that cradle position with a blanket by his face and jiggled him for a minute, he was out.

If he's not swaddled, he almost always sleeps with his arms up by his head like this. Lena did the exact same thing.
A quick word about routine for my records:
I try to do the Eat, Play, Sleep schedule. It doesn't always happen that way if we're busy and he misses a nap. I'm not neurotic about it, but for the most part, I prefer not to nurse him to sleep so he doesn't get addicted to that.

Shrimpiness
I weighed him a few days ago because he's looking so chunky, but he's still 12.2 lbs. I did finally put away all the newborn clothes, though. He's fitting pretty well in all his 3 month stuff. The shorts are still a little gappy, but the newborn shorts are too tight. And I think he's definitely filling out. He's got a pudgy little belly, thigh rolls, and a double chin.
Dimple!

Comments