The "Saturday" 7

My apologies for my tardiness. That garage sale yesterday whipped me.

1. Well, I waved the white flag and conceded defeat. I was bested by my 3 year old. I tried everything I could think of for 14 solid days and she never once peed on the potty chair. She got off the potty chair and ran away to pee on the floor 3 times. And that was when I realized I was done. I'm learning humility as my 3.5 year old refuses to submit to my will. #diapers4life

2. Since school got out, Lucy has randomly been staying up until 11:30 or midnight every night. We put her to bed by 8:30, but she stays awake up there playing and singing and listening to Odyssey or the radio. It is insane. Of course that means she sleeps in until 10:30 or 11:00 am! She's a teenager in a 6 year old's body!! I just got her a new alarm clock and set it for 8:40 am tomorrow. We'll see if she actually gets up. But we have got to get her on a normal schedule. I go to sleep before she does most nights!

3. We've spent a few days lately at Justin's Grandma's pool. Lucy adores it, Lena likes it well enough, and Levi is not a fan. Haha. These pictures are from last weekend when it was 90 degrees.


And these are from this weekend when it was 90 degrees! We love summer!


Safety first!
4. Tuesday night we went out for dinner with my whole family to celebrate my little sister's college graduation. And Wednesday night, I went out for girls' night with my friends. (Levi refused to take a bottle for Justin again. Sigh.). There was a little miscommunication with my family, and a couple last minute plan-changes that resulted in me going to the same restaurant two nights in a row. Haha. I also went to my new favorite ice cream place the same two nights in a row. Have you heard of the Pump House? It's my newest obsession. I love that you have your choice of frozen yogurt (which tastes the same as ice cream to me!) and then as many toppings as you want. It's not priced by topping, but by weight. So I just get a little bit of ice cream, and lots of different toppings. It is so amazing.

5. Yesterday we had a garage sale at our house.

My dad spent alllll day Friday clearing out the barn and I spent alllll day pricing totes full of baby clothes. Niki came over Saturday morning with a van full of garage sale stuff, a box of donuts, and Biggby for everyone. It was a miserable humid 90 degree day. We started setting up at 7 am, closed down around 4:30, and had about 20 customers. Lol. Maybe more. But it sure didn't feel like it. Justin and I made a whopping $66. Definitely not worth all the work I did. I didn't get much money, but I sure did get a sunburn!
That's not a white tank top. It's my white skin against my lobster skin. Haha. 
I really tried to stay out of the sun, but apparently it found me. Oops! Because we're gluttons for punishment, we're going to try another sale this week - at Niki's house this time. Hopefully we'll get some more traffic! And people wanting baby girl clothes! Haha.

6. Today is Father's Day. I love how my girls get so into it. I took them to the store last week to pick out a card for Justin. Lucy read numerous cards, then finally said, "Can I just make him one so I can write what I want to say?" How precious is that? She made one from her and one from Levi since he can't write yet. Lena wasn't about to miss out on the fun, so she made one too. As per tradition, we made him breakfast in bed this morning and presented him with the cards/gifts.


"I just wantid to say in this vary special way i love u."
Lucy made up the phrase all by herself. I only helped her spell "special." Doesn't that just melt your heart?

We spent the afternoon with Justin's family at the pool where I happened to snap 3 amazing pictures of Justin with each kid:

And we got this special picture too:
4 Generations of VanderKodde men
And then, on the way home . . . we stopped at the Pump House again. Lol. Yes, I went 3 times in 5 days. I told you I'm obsessed! Really, I just wanted to introduce it to the girls. They weren't with us either of the other times we went and I knew they'd be as obsessed as I was. Haha. They each just got vanilla frozen yogurt, and then while Justin was tending to Levi and I was helping Lena, Lucy walked around the toppings bar and helped herself. Lol. I wish I would've gotten a picture of her final product. She was in her glories. And after every bite Lena took she said, "This is so good." I'd say it was a successful trip!

7. Because this post doesn't have enough pictures already, here are a few more from our week:
Libby and I were in charge of transporting 30 balloons in her Impala to my nephew's open house. 
The awesome candy buffet at the open house.
This was on Monday. The day I gave up on potty training. It was a rough day.
Terrible picture of Lucy showing off the chapter book she read all by herself!
I haven't pumped in a while. This is what I found when I got it out to pump before Girls' Night. Fortunately I saw it before I started!!!
I was trying to get a picture of Levi watching fishing videos with Daddy, but as soon as he saw me, he broke out in this adorable grin. 
Loving the Pump House. (Don't mind their post-pool hair.)

Sweet sleeper.

Comments