The Saturday 7

1. I took the kids for a walk one day this week when the sun was shining and I needed to get out of the house. They don't know anything but country life, so they love the sidewalks in town. Haha. They are obsessed with going for a walk now. Lena and Levi ask to go for walks at least ten times a day. This morning, Justin walked with them to the grocery store and brought home donuts. A couple days ago, we did a "test walk" to Niki's house. I'm planning on walking there this summer to swim in her pool, but had never actually made the walk before, so wanted to make sure it was a reasonable distance. It is ridiculously close. (Like less than a mile!) I'm so excited. Except now Levi keeps saying, "I going to walk to Niki's house!" Better keep my eye on that kid. I bribed him with a walk last night if he took a bath with no crying. He doesn't understand the concept of a "walk", though, and seriously runs the entire time. I need a leash . . .

2. I'm really enjoying living in town. I was nervous about feeling like we're living in a fish bowl, and I do feel a little anxious that the neighbors are going to be annoyed by my obnoxious children playing in the backyard. But for the most part, I love the convenience of being so close to everything. And I'm nosy. I like watching my neighbors. Haha. I also really appreciate our fenced-in backyard. The kids have spent lots of time outside this week even though it's been cold and we hardly have any outdoor toys (we left them at my parents', since they were covered with snow when we moved). I'm so thankful most of the snow is gone, but I can't wait for mud season to be over too so I don't have to constantly screech, "Take off your boots!!" the second I hear the slider open.

3. I tried two new recipes this week that were both really good!

Honey mustard chicken smothered in mozzarella and bacon:
Photo Credit and Recipe
And roast beef sandwiches with au jus. Mmmmmmm.
Recipe

4. Lena learned about butterflies this week, so we planned a field trip with a bunch of friends to the gardens on Friday. We're fortunate to live so close to a garden with a yearly butterfly exhibit. We go every year, but this time it was more educational. 😜



Someday I'm going to be able to make a collage of her standing with this sign every year. #graduationboard



Lucy's gone to church with Olivia for all her life, but apparently they never really connected until this trip. They had a blast together. (Yay homeschooler socialization!)

Olivia also has a little sister who is Lena's age!
I'm very grateful for a good group of homeschool friends at our church!

5. It's that time of year again: the one month that I pretend to care about sports! I love March Madness. Even if I don't truly watch the games, I like them on as background noise, and I like competing with my siblings, nephews/nieces, and friends. I'm pretty sure I've won a couple years in a row thanks to Villanova. This year, they aren't as good though, so I'm shifting loyalties to Gonzaga. (I just like the schools with cool names.) I'm doing pretty well so far (no thanks to stinkin' Wisconsin)!
#1! (And yes, I'm an old lady who takes pictures of her laptop screen with her phone.)
6. I don't have much else to share, so let me just say this: I finally caught up on all the episodes of When Calls the Heart on Netflix. Ummmm, whaaaaat?? Why did no one prepare me for that?! #shocked

7. Pictures

We're loving spending so much time with this sweet baby!



Justin's mom found me this awesome bookshelf at Goodwill for $25, so I could finally unpack all my books! The bottom shelf is kids' books, and the first 5 or so on the top shelf are Justin's. The rest are mine. 🤷 #iheartbooks

Comments