The Saturday 7

1. Is it just me or has this been an exceptionally cool and rainy June? We only went to the pool one day this week because it was rainy and cold the rest of the week! How am I going to get fit if I can't walk to the pool and swim every day?? (That's not a real question. Don't give me ideas. Unless it's "fit-ting" a whole pizza in my mouth.) Poor Lena does not have an ounce of body fat, so she gets cold much faster than Lucy and Levi. While those two swam, she did a lovely pool-side gymnastics show for me.


Lol nerds
2. On Tuesday, we went on a "field trip" with our homeschool friends to Boulder Ridge zoo. We've never been there before but had heard great things about it. It was kind of a hike, and in the middle of nowhere, but it was really cool! And we had beautiful weather! I loved the giraffes. I could've watched them all day.


I didn't even think these were real until I saw them move. 

Levi was obsessed with the map.



BFFs ready to go on a Safari


The whole crazy crew!

The girls were not about to go into the Aviary with all the birds, but Levi loved it. He wanted the birds to land on him so badly, but then couldn't contain his excitement long enough to hold still! Lol.

3. VBS is in 2 days! I spent much of the week getting things ready - which mainly meant hours of cutting.
I have hundreds more of these to do, but we're not doing this craft 'til Friday, so I'm procrastinating . . .

The girls were so excited I let them stay up late to help me one night. Tracing and cutting out felt circles.
120 circles later . . .



After they went to bed, I cut holes in each one so kids can thread a string through them.

My rule is that I can only watch Project Runway if I keep cutting. I made it through 2 episodes and 100 circles! 
4. Lena had her 6 year well-child appointment yesterday. She weighed in at a whopping 35 lbs.
She gained almost nothing since her last appointment a year ago, but she did grow taller, so her BMI plummeted. She's in the 1st percentile for weight, so the Dr. is having us come back in 6 weeks from now for a weight check. It's kind of difficult to work with Lucy on making healthier eating choices, while doing anything I can to get Lena to eat everything in sight! I'm honestly not worried, and the doctor isn't either. She's just doing her due diligence. I truly believe Lena burns more calories than she takes in because she's a flipping, climbing, dancing, jumping machine. She eats all day long and drives me crazy begging for snacks every 15 minutes. Now I guess I have an excuse to give in to her! I was also very small like this at her age, and look at me now! 😜

5. Tonight, my brother and sister-in-law went out on a date, so I watched Ruby. She's at such a fun age where it's easy to make her smile, and she giggles about the silliest stuff (like Lena bouncing up and down on the couch).

Around 7 she started to act sleepy, so I put her in the swing in Levi's room. She usually cries for a few minutes, but when she started getting angry I decided to go get her. As I was walking down the hall to rescue her, Levi intercepted me crying. He's been having some constipation problems, so I knelt down to hug him and rub his back . . . whereupon he immediately projectile vomited all down my back. Then he panicked, pulled away from me . . . and puked all down my front! I started yelling for Justin, Ruby was screaming, and Levi was wailing. Lucy ran downstairs to get me clean clothes. Justin started scrubbing Levi. After I changed, I handed poor Ruby off to Lucy, and by the time I finished cleaning the floor Levi and Lena were outside jumping on the trampoline like nothing had happened. 🤦 Never a dull moment!

6. I read another really good book this week: Daughters of Northern Shores by Joanne Bischof. It's the second in a series and I loved it as much as the first. I'm up to 35 books for my yearly reading challenge. I'm hoping to make it to 75, so I'm right on track. And no, I still haven't started Harry Potter . . .

7. Pictures
Posing with the scary bear statue at the zoo. (Lucy took the picture and didn't actually get much of the bear. Haha.)

Lucy, Ruby, and I  comparing tans. Lol. Don't worry Rube, when we're old and wrinkly, you'll still have that creamy, porcelain skin. 

It is unbelievable the things I find in my purse after a few weeks of neglect. (Most notably, this time, a hardwood flooring sample. No wonder my purse has been so heavy!)

Bedtime snuggles

Comments