The Saturday 7

So here's the deal: my computer cord broke yesterday and my computer died before I could get to my blog. Thanks to Amazon and Prime shipping, the new one came today, so here I am! Unfortunately, I'm not sure I really have 7 things to share. We'll see . . .

1. Throughout this whole Coronavirus fiasco, we have been mostly unaffected by the various "shortages." I only had to settle for one-ply toilet paper once. We had to wait an uncomfortable 2 weeks for our dishwasher, since their manufacturers were backed up. I had to drink 2% milk instead of skim for a while. But I never felt any real panic until this news came out this week:

Only 4 people shared this with me via facebook! Haha. I expected more!



Good news, though. When I went grocery shopping yesterday, this is what the aisle looked like:

Whew! Bullet dodged! (And no, I didn't take it all home with me. Lol.)

2. More good news: I was accepted to both of the colleges I applied to- Minneapolis Community and Technical College and Spokane Falls Community College. Don't worry. The programs are online so I won't be commuting to Washington or Minnesota. 😜 This week I applied for financial aid and had my transcripts transferred. And now I wait. From my cursory examination, there are only 8-10 library classes I should need to take. Theoretically, I have all the gen. eds under my belt. But I took those 15 years ago. They might make me take an updated technology class or something. Haha. I'm unreasonably excited about going "back to school." I've been so convicted lately that I'm wasting my life reading fluff books, playing stupid games on my phone, and watching stupid TV shows. But I'm at a loss for what to fill my time with. I know I should be playing with my kids and reading my Bible non-stop, but I'm not that good of a mom or a Christian I guess. I'm excited to have something else productive to do with my days. Especially since . . .

3. I'm back down to 3 days a week with Ruby (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and 2 with Nova (Monday, Wednesday). Levi will go to school all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Two whole days with no kids!! I keep telling people I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. But honestly, those days will fill right up. I'll help in the kids' classrooms one of those days for a few hours, I'll do my grocery shopping and errands, clean my house, and finally start purging all the toys no one ever plays with but "has to have" the second they see me trying to get rid of them! I will also take many naps. Let's be real. So hopefully there will be room for schoolwork in there too. And hopefully the library classes are interesting and not overly technical or dry. 

4. I mentioned my concerns about Levi's potty training to his preschool teacher and she said that she has full confidence he'll get the hang of it and she's not worried. Whew! She's been teaching preschool and Kindergarten for 26 years, so I'm sure he's not the first reluctant potty-trainer she's dealt with. I really hope the peer pressure and new authority figure will give him the "kick in the pants" that he needs. Although, he's been progressing on being more independent this week. There have been much fewer "fire-hose" incidents in the bathroom, and he is actually attempting to pull his own pants up now and then! Miracle of miracles! If I ever mention baby fever again, please remind me that I don't want to potty train another kid ever again!!

5. I'm so excited for my kids to go back to school (15 days!) so that my house is not in a constant state of disaster! Don't get me wrong. I'll miss them. I'll probably cry when I drop my baby off on his first day. I'll probably cry when Lena has to be peeled off of me on her first day. The house will be weirdly empty and quiet. I'm not looking forward to making lunches again, or getting the whole brood out the door every morning. But can you imagine how many less dishes I'll have to do? Or wet towels I'll have to pick up off the floor? Or how much less laundry there will be when they only wear one or two outfits a day instead of four or five? Plus, being at school for 7 hours a day means 7 less hours I have to fight with them over screen time! They'll have to spend 7 whole hours away from their screens for the first time in 6 months! There will be probably be serious withdrawal issues, but I don't even care! 

6. Well folks, that's all she wrote. Look at these pretty pictures now.

I watched Nash for a while on Tuesday.

He is so stinkin' cute. (And I was having an unusually good hair moment in this pic!)

After a couple hours, though, he started to miss his mom. He started crying "Nashy go home," walked out of my house and took off down the sidewalk! Lol. Thank goodness for popsicles and tablets to redirect his attention! (And our friend Aubrey came over too! Another good distraction.)

After Nash went home, we took Aubrey to the pool where these three bathing beauties worked on their tans.
Lots of couch snuggles this week.



Homemade play-doh


Swimming with this cheesy goofball!

Where can I get me some of this??


Tonight, Justin's brother Jesse took the kids out to see the horses where Persephone takes riding lessons. He handed the camera to Lena, then sent me the pictures she took. Most of them are blurry depictions of outbuildings and horses' behinds. But this one brought a smile to my face. I don't think Levi loves anyone in the world more than Uncle Jesse. I'm so glad he's home from China and willing to spend time with my crazy clan. 

Comments