The Saturday 7

1. What a crazy week. On Sunday we were swimming in Niki's pool. Wednesday, I took the kids to the splash pad. But by yesterday, I turned the heat back on! As Levi said, "Sometimes there's a tinesy bit of winter after spring before summer gets here." Lol. I hope he's right about the "tinesy" part! We stayed busy despite the extremes of weather. Sunday after church found us at Niki's for family lunch and swimming. It was actually sprinkling most of the time the kids were in the pool, but they didn't care!

Levi living his best life. 😂

I also got some baby Thea snuggles . . .
😍


Then we made Saylor and Thea pose together. They're almost exactly 2 months apart, and already BFFs. 


Thea is already a pro at the face-palm. 😂


2. On Monday I got to watch Nash and Saylor for a couple hours. 
I have Nova on Mondays too. She loves babies, so we all had a blast.

Isn't her hair the best?!


It's good for me to get my baby fix this way, because carrying Saylor around reminded me why I can't do this again. #owmyback #toooldforthis

3. Lena did much better with gymnastics this week. There was hardly any crying or panicking! But she still insists that she doesn't want to sign up for the next session, and every week she asks me how many more classes she has to do before this session is over. 🤦 It just makes me sad because she's so talented. I've also noticed recently that Lucy has such a beautiful voice. But no one will ever hear it because she's terrified to perform in front of anyone. I hate that my girls' inherited anxiety is holding them back from so much. I've always been thankful that the anxiety gene seems to have skipped Levi, but I'm beginning to question that. First was the carnival debacle of last week. And then last night, Justin and I went out to dinner and left the kids with my mom. Levi freaked out, and wouldn't stop clinging to me/crying/begging to come with us. That's always been Lena's m.o. up until this point! (Fortunately, my mom is one of the few people Lena will stay with happily, so she wasn't clinging to my other leg!) Hopefully Levi's just going through normal, developmentally appropriate anxiety, and not gearing up for a full on anxiety disorder like the rest of us. Lol.

4. Our church's VBS committee has been kicking into high gear as we prepare for Soccer Camp 2021. The team has changed a lot this year, so I've taken on some new roles - including creating a few marketing materials. I'm not sure it's really my forte, but I've had fun trying. I signed up for a free trial of Canva, so I'm pretty sure I'm a graphic designer now. This is the flyer we decided not to go with because it wasn't as eye-catching and kid-friendly as the other one. But I still love it and want to share it. 😁
If you're local to me and actually interested in attending this, that QR code is fake. Don't scan it. But this is the link to register: https://kentcitybaptist.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/865996 

Here's the real flyer that you should see floating around town soon . . .

5. I posted this on facebook earlier this week:

The very next day, the girls said, "We should make a summer bucket list!!" 🤦 

Most of them are pretty doable/things I'd planned on doing this summer anyway. There were a couple that I said, "You can do that, but I'm not doing it with you." Lol. I was trying to help them find ideas on Pinterest, and came across a few obviously written by teenagers, like "Get really tan" and "sleep in until 3:00 p.m." I tried to get the girls to add those to our list, but they weren't too keen on that idea. Maybe I'll make my own bucket list! That'll show them!

6. On Thursday, I got to hang out with my friend Kelly. We spent the morning eating donuts, thrift shopping, and going out for lunch - some of my favorite things with one of my favorite people! It was great to catch up, stuff our faces, and find weird stuff in thrift stores. 😂 I did also find some cute clothes that will hopefully fit since the dressing rooms aren't open and everything is final sale! 🤷
Name that donut shop . . .



7. Lots of pics:
Reading time with Daddy

A couple of goofballs


Cutie patooties at the splash pad

Taking the boat out for the first time this year!



Look at this beautiful girl! 

Lena and Levi realized that Daddy's trucker hats make excellent fencing masks. Lol.


I have issues.

Comments