The Saturday 7

 1. Another week of weather extremes. On Sunday, the kids wanted to have a bonfire, and we were all huddled up in blankets.





2. It was a little warmer on Monday. The forecast called for clouds most of the day, but the sun came out right at noon as we headed over to Niki's for Memorial Day. It was a great day of swimming, playing cards, and stuffing our faces. 
Levi got this remote controlled car that also works on water for Christmas. I finally remembered to charge it so he could try it out. It was a hit!!


Bubbles!

Hot tub time!


💗

3. On Tuesday I watched Nash and Saylor for a little while. Saylor thinks I'm hilarious:

And Nash is just the sweetest kid ever. I drove them over to Niki's after a while because I had to get to work on my schoolwork. As I was getting Nash out of the carseat he said out of the blue, "I love you, Sadie." I said, "I love you too, buddy. I'm so glad you could come to my house today." He responded, "You're welcome!" and gave me a big hug. 🥰🥰🥰 

4. Wednesday was a very sad day. My last day watching Nova. Brandy's schedule changed for the summer, so she won't need me, and then Nova's going to preschool in the fall! Thankfully, we'll still see Nova at the pool every day, but it's kind of the end of an era in my life. Other than the years we lived with my parents, I've always watched other kids in some shape or fashion! The good news is that I'll get to sleep in all summer. The bad news is Levi's idea of sleeping in is 7:30. 🤦 As one last hurrah on Wednesday, I took Levi and Nova to the trampoline park. My sisters and cousin were able to join us too, so we had a blast with all the little kids.









5. Thursday was also a sad day: Levi's last day of pre-k! 
Look how much he grew in 9 months! Where did my baby go??

It's been so fun to see how he's matured after attending school two days a week since September. I'm amazed at how quickly he adjusted to the structured routine of school. I love watching him figure out simple addition and sounding out letters. He's started to read the tiniest bit, and I can only imagine the strides he'll make in Kindergarten next year. Sadly, the potty training situation is still as bad as it was at the beginning of the school year. I sent him to school with a change of clothes every day and he used them probably 70% of the time. I seriously don't know what to do with the kid. I'm just waiting for him to outgrow it at this point. 🤷 

They had a little "ceremony" at school where he got his official "completion" certificate. 

Thanks to Zoloft, I didn't even shed a tear! We're so thankful for his teacher and hopeful he'll get to have her again next year for Kindergarten! 🤞

While I was at school that day, I popped in to Lucy's class to see her get her end of the year awards. She made the A honor roll every quarter this year. When she was talking about it later, she said, "It's not that big of a deal. I've gotten all As every quarter of my life." Lol. I told her she was very fortunate that learning comes so easily to her. She said, "Yeah, I get that from you." Haha. #geniusgenes 

I'm actually not so sure about my own genius these days, though. Sometimes I think I'm really losing my mind. On Wednesday night, I realized I hadn't gotten teacher gifts for Levi's teachers, so I ran to the store and picked something up. Did it ever cross my mind to get stuff for the girls' teachers too? Nope! So Thursday after gymnastics, Lena and I ran to Meijer. I was so busy reminding myself that Lena had two teachers this year that I needed to buy for that I never even thought about Lucy's teacher!! Fortunately I remembered before I left the store, so I was able to run back and grab something, but did I think ahead to the graduation open houses we're going to this weekend? Nope! So I was back at the store again this afternoon picking up cards and cash. I'm getting old. I plucked a gray hair this morning, my back has been bothering me all day, and I've been to the grocery store almost every day this week because of my forgetfulness. Might as well sign me up for Life Alert. 

6. The girls finished out the school year with a half day on Friday. 

They had big plans for the last day: McDonald's on the way home, then straight to Niki's pool. Despite the cool weather that had us huddled around the bonfire on Sunday, yesterday was almost 90! A day at the pool was the perfect kickoff to summer!


More Saylor snuggles at the pool!

This is another sign of my old age:
I don't tan like I used to. (And don't get me started on those face wrinkles!) 

7. More pics:
Sunday afternoon twinning and chillaxing


Splash pad with friends

Lena and Levi have a recent obsession with cup stacking

First s'mores of the season!


Little Miss Patriotic on Memorial Day

Flowers for his teacher on the last day. 💗

Comments