2022 in Review

I love year in review posts, so here's mine for 2022.

1. I jumped on the air fryer bandwagon and love it. We use it all the time. 

2. Lena and I went to a hotel for her 9th birthday. She lapped up the one on one time and focused attention. 

3. We went to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time in January, then again in November. 

4. I fell for all kinds of facebook ads and tried out various beauty enhancers. 



Spoiler alert: none of them worked. It turns out this beauty can't be enhanced. 

5. We spent another glorious week in Florida thanks to Justin's parents' generosity.

6. I got to experience working "full time" in the school library for a few weeks while Mrs. Miller was on medical leave. 

7. I reduced my depression meds from 200 mg to 50 mg over the course of the year. I have about a month's worth left and then I'm going to try to wean myself off them completely for the first time since I was 21 years old! 

8. Levi started soccer. 

9. We saw gas go over $5 for the first time. 🤦

10. We pulled of the "same shirt" prank at church on Easter day. 80some wives convinced their husbands to wear a specific shirt to church on the same day, unbeknownst to them. 😂 

11. Lucy sang a solo at the school talent show.

12. We experienced another year of political turmoil, heightened by the overturning of Roe v. Wade. I got a bit fired up about it a few times. 

13. My last living grandparent died in June. 

14. I went to the Gospel Coalition for women later that month with some friends from church. We had some hilarious adventures at our Airbnb in downtown Indianapolis, and enjoyed being challenged by Biblical teaching all weekend. 


15. I finally finished my college classes and officially got my Associates Degree!


16. Justin spent 10 days hiking through the Wyoming wilderness with some friends from church.


17. Lucy got baptized!
 

18. We went to Noah's Ark in Kentucky with Justin's family.

19. My great-nephew Cove was born!

20. I discovered the bin store, and have found countless treasures every week! 😂

21. We got a kitten!



More 2022 Stats
I got 20,100 blog views - down quite a bit from 2021. I better step up my game for 2023. 

I surpassed my reading goal of 80 books by hitting 95 this year. (Although it's not outside the realm of possibility that I'll read one more tonight.)

Aww, thanks, Goodreads. 

I only had three 5-star reads this year:

A Place to Hang the Moon by Kate Albus - children's book
Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill Perry - Christian nonfiction
Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette - Biblical fiction

My resolutions last year were to be more diligent in my spiritual life and to make Levi brush his teeth. I did pretty well with one of those. Lol. Levi did brush his teeth more this year than ever before in his life, but that's not saying much. 😂🤷 I would not say I was more diligent spiritually, or in any way last year. I'm going to try again this year. 

I'm also going to try to read through the Bible again this year. 

I think I'm going to set my reading goal to 100 for 2023 since I got so close in 2022. And I'm going to try and read at least one Biblical fiction book a month. I've loved everything I've ever read from the genre, but don't usually gravitate toward it naturally. 

This is also going to be the year I start an exercise routine and lose some weight. For real this time. 😂

Let's go 2023

Comments