The Saturday 7ish

I'm just going to share a bunch of pics today. I don't feel like writing much. Haha

1. Sunday's Advent activity was cinnamon rolls in the shape of a Christmas tree.


Later that night, Lena and Levi did a puzzle together, and I couldn't resist a pic with the tree sparkling in the background. 


2. On Monday, we had gingerbread-man waffles for dinner. With frosting. And sprinkles. And whipped cream. Because life is short and sugar is good.


3. On Tuesday, we met up with some cousins to make gingerbread houses at the library. This is the first time in a few years that the library has put on this event thanks to Covid, and I am so glad it's back. The library provides all the supplies, and does all the clean-up! What could be better? Nash was being a ham and jumped into almost every pic I took. Love that kid and his beautiful eyes. 
Lucy didn't want to come. Imagine that.



Levi mostly just ate the frosting




4. On Wednesday morning, we celebrated St. Nick's Day, even though it was technically Tuesday. Lol. Shhh, don't tell my kids. They don't know the actual date it falls on. And apparently none of their friends in our Dutch area of Michigan celebrate it. Lucy and Lena both said their friends had never heard of it. Anyway, St. Nick brought fake plants for the girls, and a shooting target game (from the bin store - St. Nick loves a bargain) for Levi. 
And Whoppers for everyone. 


5. Our Thursday Advent activity was the biggest hit of the week. I saw something similar on Pinterest and ran with it. Each kid started with a blank canvas and some paint. They painted for 10 minutes, then I made them pass their painting to the right. We did that twice so they ended up with their painting again at the end. 
This is how Levi started his.

Lena's original.

Lucy's

Lucy adding to Levi's.

Levi adding a lion to Lena's. Lol

Lena working on Lucy's.

Levi's finished product after it went through all three kids. He loves it and insisted on hanging it on his wall.

The girls' both ended up like this. Haha.

5. Straight to the memes. 
I've been trying to make an effort to curb my bad eating habits lately because none of my clothes fit, but the cheeseburger usually wins.

I have a problem. I'm exhausted all the time, take naps multiple times a day, and fall asleep at the drop of the hat. Probably because all I eat is carbs, sugar, and cheese. 🤷

Comments