2 Recipes

I've been on a roll with new recipes this week. I won't have room for all of them in the Saturday 7, so consider this a bonus entry! ;-)

Apple Pork Chops
I wrote about this one on facebook, but in case you missed it, here's the story: I made these years ago and Justin loved them. Along the way, I lost the recipe. He just asked me to make them again, so I made it from memory. Apparently my memory is amazing, because they were delicious! Seriously though, there wasn't much to remember. This is all it is:

Put some boneless pork chops in the bottom of a pan
Cover them with a can of apple pie filling
Top with prepared stuffing - I used pork flavored. You can use whatever.

Bake at 350* for 40ish minutes. I did 42 minutes and they turned out perfectly!

Cheesy Chicken Slop
This recipe was from Pinterest, but it was really nothing special. I'll pass it on anyway, in case it strikes your fancy.

Put some boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crockpot.
Cover with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
Sprinkle with a packet of dry Italian dressing.
Cook on low all day. (Mine cooked from 6:30am-5:30pm. I'm sure they don't need to cook quite that long.)
Add a brick of cream cheese and let cook for 30 more minutes.
Serve over egg noodles.

It kind of reminded me of tuna noodle casserole, only it wasn't baked, and it had chicken instead of tuna. It was ok, but a little too creamy/rich for me. It's one of those things that the leftovers will sit in the fridge for 2 weeks until I decide no one's actually going to eat it a second time. Haha.

So there you have it. I'm going to try one more new one tomorrow. That one will probably make the Saturday 7. Stay tuned! ;-)

Comments