Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

I tried another pinterest recipe tonight: Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. It was really good! It would be perfect for a cold, drizzly day - which today was not. But it was also perfect for a bunch of sickies - which we are. Here it is:
Picture from bubblecrumb.com 

Chicken and Dumplings

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders and threw them in frozen)
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 Grands flaky refrigerator biscuits

1. Throw everything except the biscuits in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. (I work way longer than that, so mine cooked for 11 hours. Haha. Nice and tender!)
2. Shred the chicken.
3. Cut each biscuit into 9 pieces. 
4. Stir biscuit pieces into hot chicken and continue to cook for 30 minutes. 

More notes: I actually used a packet of Tastefully Simple Onion Onion instead of the onion and parsley. It was delicious! And I might let the biscuits cook a little longer - or maybe I should have turned it on high, because after 30 minutes on low they were still a little doughy. 

Enjoy! :-)

Comments

  1. Yum!!! I've only found a couple of chicken recipes for the crock pot that I like, and I've been wanting to get some more -- Brooklyn is doing swimming lessons from 5:30-6 two nights a week and after that we pick up Jay from work. No one wants to cook after that, so I want to get some more good crock pot recipes for those days -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I like! The next time we have cooler weather I might have to try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment