The Saturday 7

1. We went to Artprize yesterday. Justin and I both had the day off, the weather was beautiful, and we'd never been, so off we went! I've said this before, but it's funny that we live 30 minutes from GR, but almost never go down there. It really is a nice city. We didn't see too much. It was actually kind of hot and we were getting hungry, but the stuff we saw was pretty cool. I liked the recycled material sculpture of endangered animals outside the Ford museum. My recurring thought as we looked at everything was that it must take a lot of patience to be an artist. I can't imagine how long it would take to make some of that stuff!

2. It has been a really rough week around here. Lucy and I are both sick as dogs. We are snot factories. And in the past few days the coughing has set in. I despise coughing. I have to be able to sleep. Ugh. The bad news is it's not getting any better. I think last night was my worst night of sleep yet. On Monday, I bought a bottle of cough suppressant pills from the dollar store. There were 15 pills in the bottle and they are gone. Haha. Headed back to the store today . . . In addition to the nasty cold, I had a headache 3 days in a row. I'm starting to realize this is a monthly thing and I'm not real thrilled about it. Blech.

3. Lucy has started getting a little bit of an attitude. It's frustrating to both of us that she doesn't really talk, so when she wants something and I misinterpret it, she gets really mad. She's taken to stomping her feet, which is actually really cute. Haha. She also claps her hands when she's frustrated or scared. Silly girl. It's time for her to learn how to communicate with words!

4. We have had such gorgeous weather all week. 70s and sunny. Lucy absolutely loves playing outside. She's going to be devastated when the snow starts flying and she can't run around as freely. I haven't bought her a snowsuit yet, but they're pretty universally constricting at her size. The bad thing about this warm weather is that I've already packed away all her summer clothes! I had to dig some out - especially her summer jammies. She definitely didn't need the fleece footed ones this week!

5. So, it's my birthday weekend! We're poorer than usual this year, so I didn't claim birthday week - just birthday weekend. :-) Yesterday was Artprize and my free birthday burger at Red Robin. I'm thinking today is going to be my free birthday burrito at Qdoba, and tomorrow I'm going to cash in my Olive Garden gift card! (That an anonymous donor left for me at nursery last Sunday! I'm pretty sure I know who you are with your man handwriting . . . ;-)) Birthday weekend is the best!

6. Good news. I got a free sample of StriVectin in the mail. So in 8 weeks, my stomach will go from this:

To this:
Ha! The worst part is I took this picture in 2006 as weight loss motivation! I thought I was fat! 

7. What should I be for Halloween this year? I'm so stumped. 3 years ago I was Juno, 2 years ago I was Octomom, and last year I was Dr. Pepper. I can't think of anything for this year!

Comments

  1. Go to Halloween as Harry Potter...or Voldomort! That'd be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my neighbor took Smarties and glued them to a pair of jeans and went as Smartie Pants

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a great birthday weekend! Happy birthday tomorrow!!

    I should take a picture of my belly for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful idea that worked wonders with my son for communication is simple basic sign language! I loved it and it really helped with our frustration levels!! you can google baby sign language and really great websites come up! just a little friendly advice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment