The Saturday 7

1. I'm not sure I'm going to have too much to report this week because all I did was work. I know most people work 5 days a week, but I've been spoiled with my 2-3 day schedule, so 4 ten (+) hour days this week was brutal! Tuesday, I worked from 7am-9pm. It actually went surprisingly well. I did a craft with the kids and took them to the library and they took long naps, so the day went quickly enough.

2. Here's the cute Halloween craft I was talking about:

I just painted the bottom of the kids' feet white and stamped them on a black piece of paper. Then I cut out some little rectangles to write the words on and had them glue them on. I drew the face on Lyla's after it dried. Chase drew his own face on. Cute!

3. I got to hang out with a long lost friend this week: Ali. She's one of those friends that I don't really remember how we met or became friends, but I'm glad we did. My cousins and I road-tripped it to her wedding in Minnesota a couple years ago, but haven't seen much of her since then, so it was nice to reconnect. She is 30 weeks pregnant and looks like I did at about 18 weeks.  Haha. I'm always amazed at people like that. She looks great! We met at Panera on a cold, rainy night this week and I had cheesy broccoli soup in a bread bowl. Divine.

4. Here's an exciting bit of news: Justin is finally done with soccer!!! It is amazing to have him home all evening. We actually ate dinner as a family at 6:00 this week! And he gave Lucy a bath twice this week. I'm so happy to be done with the single mom thing!!!

5. Lucy learned how to say "Kitty" yesterday. She found Chase and Lyla's kitty and started chasing it around the house saying, "kitty! kitty!" I couldn't believe it! So adorable. Maybe she will talk after all!

6. Last week, my friend Rachael told me her daughter (who is 2 weeks younger than Lucy) was cutting all 4 of her molars. I thought to myself, "Wow, that must be horrible. I'm glad we don't have to deal with that." As luck would have it, a couple nights later, Lucy woke up crying in the middle of the night. So unlike her! Then I noticed she was running a low-grade fever, and sticking her fingers in the back of her mouth to chew on them. Sure enough, 4 molars working their way through. Ha! She's actually doing amazingly well. After that one night, she hasn't woken up again in the middle of the night. She's never cranky or acting like she's in pain. Of course, they're just barely peeking through. It could definitely get worse.

7. I didn't end up making that third new recipe I promised in my last entry. We went to the mall last night to try and redeem some of my birthday gift cards and just snacked on pretzels and smoothies. I have $50 in gift cards to American Eagle and couldn't find anything I liked. I'm just not trendy enough to pull off most of those clothes. Apparently cropped shirts are in style now? Why would I want a sweatshirt that only covers half my stomach? I found a couple cute shirts, but they just look ridiculous on me. I need to lose 20 pounds and grow 4 inches. Or I just need to get over my insecurities. But that's about as likely to happen as the growing 4 inches part. Haha!

Comments

  1. They only paid you that much for working overtime?! Ridiculous!!! So sorry:(

    I know with certainty that nothing in American Eagle would fit me at this point...oh well! Hope you can find something eventually -- maybe online? Sometimes I find a better selection of things in my style online in stores I like:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to have the hubby back?? :)

    Abby has gotten 2 molars in the last 2 weeks and I think the others might be bugging her too... She's woke up a couple times in the night, not enough crying to get us out of bed, but we definitely all wake up.

    I feel your pain about clothes. It seems like everything I find is either for teenagers or our parents. Honestly I've had my best luck on the clearance racks at Kohls. It takes awhile to go through them all, but I do find a few things there.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever consider that your boss may be reading your blog? Perhaps you should ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Justin is done with soccer!!

    O is getting his 2 year molars right now. He woke up during the night a couple times too. Poor babies :/

    Cropped shirts are stupid.

    If your boss IS reading your blog, I hope they realize they need to be more considerate of your time. In any other job you would get paid MORE for working overtime, not less.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment