The Saturday 7

Sorry I'm late today. We spent the morning at Golden Corral with my family for my parents' 30th anniversary - which leads to my first point:

1. We ran into some interesting characters at Golden Corral. Justin never lets me go there because he says buffets are for white trash people. (Sorry if that offends you. It offends me too. I love buffets.) As much as it pains me to say it, I think he's right. Today we saw one interesting fellow eating with blue latex gloves on his hands. But the worst was the old guy sitting right by us. When he first came in, I thought "aww, that's sad. He's eating all alone." A few minutes later, we heard a loud whirring noise. We surreptitiously glanced his way to see him pureeing his food in a food processor and feeding himself through a feeding tube. Why on earth would you go to a restaurant and pay for expensive food you're not even going to taste? So strange. I ate my food with my mouth and enjoyed it very much. Happy 30th anniversary to my parents!

2. This week, I made witch hats with the kids. Fudge striped cookies upside down. A little squirt of orange frosting, and a hershey's kiss. The kids thought it was great and Justin enjoyed the leftover cookies and kisses I brought home. 2 points for me!

(Picture from barbschram.blogspot.com)

3. I only worked 2 days this week, so Lucy and I got to sleep in a lot. My sleep was greatly interrupted however by our stupid cat!!! It's actually really cute. Lola comes and gets me as soon as Lucy wakes up. Before I even hear her making noise in her bed, Lola starts crawling all over me crying incessantly. I'm of the opinion that as long as Lucy is happy to play in her crib, I'm happy to sleep. I don't get up until she starts calling for me. Lola, however, is extremely concerned that I'm not attending to my child. Cute in theory, not cute when I'm trying to sleep!!

4. Lucy has a few new words I feel the need to report. She says "cheese" the second I get the camera out. I've gotten some really cute pictures lately thanks to that! This week, she picked up "boo!" from Chase and Lyla. They like to hide from her and then jump out and say "boo!" She loves it, and shrieking abounds. She also says "hey hey hey!" Justin says that to her when they're playing and she steals something away from him or something. It's hilarious to hear her say it. This week it's gotten cold, so every time I get her out of the car, I say "brr!" and kind of rub my arms. I just noticed a couple days ago that she does it too. So adorable! Yesterday we were playing outside and I said, "Are you cold?" She nodded and said "brrr!" My favorite of her new words is "naked!" Haha. This might be TMI, but she thinks it's hilarious when I undress in front of her. She points and laughs at me. (Which does great things for my self-confidence!) Anyway, I always say "naked!" A couple days ago, I was changing my clothes and she yelled "nay-nay!" She's done it multiple times since then. Cracks me up!!

Mostly though, she just says "eesh." She says it for absolutely everything.

5. We did "Trunk or Treat" with Niki, Tayton, Amy, Cody, and Kiersten this week at Sunshine church. It was wicked cold and rainy, but Lucy was an adorable little jaguar! And she was happy as long as she was shoveling candy in her mouth!


6. Justin and I were talking about baby names this week. No, I am not pregnant. Just thinking ahead. He mentioned one name I really liked, so I've been thinking about it all week. Now, when we named Lucy, we did not think her name was that popular. But now we hear it all.the.time. It is seriously on every TV show ever. So I thought, "Now I'm going to hear that new name all over the place." Sure enough, it was on a TV show I watched on Thursday! Haha.

7. I made applesauce in my crockpot yesterday. I was so proud of myself. Haha. My dad has a bunch of apple trees, so I get free apples from him. And I came across this recipe on pinterest, so I decided to try it out. It was delicious! Although I definitely should've added more sugar. Oh well. The best part is that while I was coring and peeling the apples, I was trying to find something to keep Lucy busy. I got out my big craft box and let her have at it. She was entertained for half an hour playing with pipe cleaners and buttons and stickers. Genius!

Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

  1. Mmm I told you crockpot applesauce is easy and yummy. :)

    I like buffets. Mostly because they're cheap. :) We have a Chinese buffet place nearby that's only $5 to fill a take-out container. We sometimes get that if it's been a busy day...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment