36 Weeks


Baby is the size of a honeydew this week. 

How far along? 36 weeks - starting to feel like it's getting close!

Total weight loss/gain: I don't even want to know. Haha.
Maternity clothes? Yep - growing out of them.
Sleep: Oh my word. Something has gone horribly wrong on the sleep front. I absolutely can not sleep. For the past few days I haven't been able to nap - I just lay there awake . . . very unusual for me. Then Christmas Eve I tossed and turned all night and literally don't think I slept longer than 10 minutes. I tried to nap on Christmas day, but didn't sleep one wink. So last night, I went to bed at 9:15 and figured I'd be out in no time. I got up at 11:30 to take half a dose of Unisom. It wasn't until I took the second half at 1:15 that I finally fell asleep. What on earth?!? I am insanely exhausted, but can't sleep! I can't even begin to explain how frustrating that is.

Best moment this week: Baby sister getting a Christmas present addressed to her! My stinkin' sisters figured out her name - and have known it for months!! Haha. I can't hide anything from them.
Movement: Tons. I swear she's trying to break out of my belly button. My nephews got to feel it yesterday. They were really grossed out. Haha.
Food cravings: Cinnamon rolls, donuts, sparkling grape juice, chocolate! We had a big meal last night for Christmas, but I pretty much just filled up on sparkling grape juice. :-)
Food aversions: Vegetables. ;-) 
Gender: GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: I think I've dropped a little bit. And on Christmas Eve, I was standing in the kitchen when I all of a sudden got this insane pain that made me double over e
xclaiming "What on earth was that?!" I really think it was just another strong punch to the cervix, because in my experience contractions aren't sharp like that. But I've been feeling a fair amount of that sharp pain. (It's internal - not round ligament pain. I'm well acquainted with RLP.) Just a reminder that the real thing is hopefully coming soon! 
Belly Button in or out? Pretty much gone. 
What I miss: Sleep!!

What I am looking forward to: Lucy meeting her baby sister for the first time. I get emotional just thinking about it. Haha.
Milestones: I started leaking colostrum this week. That's a fun milestone! 
Weekly name clue: No more clues. You just have to wait and see - all 3 of you out there who still don't know it. Haha.

Now that Christmas is over, I feel like I can really start focusing on getting ready for this baby. I feel like I have so much to do - from packing hospital bags to installing carseat bases to sorting through the bins and bins and bins of clothes. Although I honestly don't think Baby Sister will have to wear anything of Lucy's because she got sooooooo much for Christmas. She's not even going to have to wear her own outfits more than once. My mom and sisters are out of control. Haha. 

Comments