The Saturday 7

1. Everyone keeps telling me the end of this pregnancy will fly by because of the holidays. They're wrong. Haha. I'm just not that busy. We hardly bought any presents. I finished buying them a while ago, and wrapped them last week. We don't have tons of parties to go to. I'm not doing a ton of baking. Sigh. I think I might go to my sister's house today and wrap her presents just so I don't have to sit at home thinking about how uncomfortable I am. Haha.

2. Lucy came down with some kind of ailment this week. It seems to be her Christmas tradition. Last year, she puked for like 2 weeks before Christmas and finished the year with diarrhea. This time it's been some kind of weird fever/gas/puking/cough thing. She was a grump all day on Tuesday and I could tell she didn't feel good. By Wednesday, she woke up with a 102* fever. She didn't want anything to eat, just wanted to drink apple juice and cuddle on the couch with me. Fortunately I had just set my computer down and pulled her up on my lap when she started puking. I caught the majority of it on my chest. It was pure liquid and soaked through my clothes immediately. I carried her to the kitchen where we both stripped in broad daylight with the curtains wide open. Haha. She fell asleep on the couch later that day, which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened since she was like 6 months old. She had a fever all day despite Tylenol every 4 hours. Since then, she hasn't puked again and she's started to act much more herself, but every once in a while she'll stop what she's doing, grab her belly and start crying, "Me not feeling so good." Sometimes she's really writhing in pain. I've come to the conclusion that she has painful gas. But I don't know what to do for her. I think I'm going to buy some children's gas-x today and see if that helps at all. In the past 2 days, she's really started coughing hard, too. And her eyes are bloodshot. The doctor told me I could put my eyedrops in her eyes if she got pink eye. I'm not sure it's pink eye, but I put some eyedrops in her eyes anyway. She was not a fan.

3-4. The Advent activities kind of fell to the wayside once she got sick, but here's what we managed to do this week:

Day 15 We were supposed to go see the live nativity at church, but it got rained out.
Day 16 Nothing
Day 17 Made red and green play-dough. I wanted to make the Jell-o recipe, but couldn't find cream of tartar at the store, so we just did this recipe:

1 c. salt
1.5 c. flour
1/2 c. water
2 Tbsp oil
Food coloring

The food coloring did not mix in very well at first:

It took a lot of kneading, but ended up looking pretty good:
Lucy thought it was awesome that I let her use my rolling pin and cookie cutters.

Day 18 Dinner and Frederik Meijer Gardens with Great Grandma and Grandpa. It was absolute madness going this close to Christmas, but Lucy loved all the pretty trees and the trains.
So thankful for Great Grandma and Grandpa!

Day 19 Opened her special Christmas ornament and put it on the tree. I wanted to get her a Dora ornament, but I had a coupon to Hallmark and they didn't have Dora, so I got her this one instead:
She doesn't care about Barbie, but she loooooooves ballet lately!

Day 20 Nothing. We were supposed to make Christmas cookies with Presley, but decided to keep our germs to ourselves. :-(
Day 21 Made goodies for the neighbors. Lucy sneezed in the bowl. Fortunately it was after the first ingredient, so we just started over. Lol. Sorry, neighbors!
Day 22 Watch a new Christmas movie. I bought Veggie Tales' The Toy that Saved Christmas because I loved it as a kid (ok, teenager). We're "watching" it right now, but Lucy's not real interested. C'mon, kid! This movie is awesome!!

5. This is what I made for the neighbors this year: ranch oyster crackers and crockpot cinnamon almonds. Mmmmm. My house smelled amazing. Thanks, pinterest for the ideas!

6. We also had a pinterest-inspired dinner this week. I saw this recipe for copycat KFC "fried" chicken that is actually baked. I've tried making fried chicken before and only succeeded in scalding the chicken, filling my house with smoke, and throwing the chicken in the trash angrily. This seemed much more up my alley. And I actually had everything on hand so I didn't have to go to the store! Win! It really did taste amazingly like KFC's chicken. It was deeeeelicious!

7. I had every intention of not doing any grocery shopping this weekend. I made a very comprehensive list and got everything I needed on Monday. Everything except stocking stuffers since Justin and Lucy were with me. I was going to go earlier this week, but then Lucy got sick, and I've just been so tired and sore and couldn't make myself go to the store in the evening after Justin got home. So I have to go today. The Saturday before Christmas. Nice. Haha.

Have a great Christmas everyone!!! I can't wait!!!

Comments