The Saturday 7

What a week! I feel like I have so much to write about.

1. Last Saturday, we were immensely blessed by 2 different family members in the same day. One gave us a $100 gift card to Meijer, and another brought over bags and bags and bags of free groceries. Amazing. I had told Justin earlier that day, "We paid our bills this month thanks to your Christmas bonus. I don't know what we're going to do in January." Well we definitely won't have to buy groceries, so that should help a ton!! It's admittedly difficult being on the receiving end of so much charity lately. But I know that if I had the means and saw a loved one struggling, I would help in a heartbeat. Hopefully someday we'll be in the position to do so. In the meantime, we're exceedingly grateful for the way our family members are letting God use them to help us.

2. We all got nasty colds this week. Justin actually got it first, and I figured it was the same thing I just got over, but no, it was a new strain that Lucy and I both picked up by Christmas Eve. So so miserable. I was reading some old blog entries last night. This is the 3rd cold I've had this pregnancy. Not fair!! Yesterday was the first day I could actually breathe without the aid of Sudafed, but I was up every 4 hours last night like clockwork coughing (when my cough suppressant wore off). Ugh. Justin didn't get the cough. That was just an added bonus for me. All I can say is I'm happy we're getting this sickness out of the way before baby sister is born. I can't imagine being in labor feeling like this! And I'm a tiny bit nervous that she's breech and I'll need a C-section. I really can't imagine recovering from abdominal surgery with this cough!!!

3. Despite being sick, Christmas was wonderful. We just took our tree down and Lucy cried, exclaiming, "Me not want Christmas be done! Me want do lots of Christmas!" Haha. I hear you, girl. It took her a while to warm up on Christmas morning. She's obviously not a morning person.

She perked right up when she found her stocking and all the goodies inside. The first thing she said was "suckers!" Haha. After unloading it all, she said, "That so much fun finding my stocking!"

And then the real fun began with the mounds and mounds and mounds of presents. She was adorable, exclaiming over every one. Uncle Luke got her the Dreamlite she's been asking for every time the commercial came on. As soon as she opened it, she gasped, "Dream lite!" Haha. And I've been amazed at how much she really plays with all her toys. I'm hoping she doesn't lose interest in them before the baby comes. It will really come in handy if she's willing to play by herself while I'm nursing!

4. When we found out Lucy was a girl 3 years ago, Justin and I built her a bear. When I saw a coupon in the Sunday paper for $10 off your purchase of $30 or more at Build a Bear, I decided we should build one for Baby Sister, too. I figured it'd be good for Lucy to pick something out herself for the baby and have a part in making it. So on Thursday we drove alllll the way down to the mall (seriously - we live way too far away) and stood in line with the crazies and one puking kid to make our bear. Unfortunately, it was Lucy's naptime, and she was being ornery. But we managed to make this adorable little puppy:
We put it right in the crib when we got home, and Lucy has been very good about calling it Baby Sister's puppy and not claiming it for herself. Haha.

5. Aunt Libby got Lucy a whole bunch of Disney princess movies for Christmas, and I am loving watching them with her! We watched Cinderella earlier this week, and now we're on The Little Mermaid. Lucy usually loses interest after a while, but I watch the whole thing. Haha.

6. I've been bitten by the nesting bug this week. Call it wishful thinking, but I feel like this baby is going to come early and I need to get prepared. Yesterday I washed all the burp cloths, swaddle blankets, nursing bras, Boppy cover, and BundleMe for the carseat. Now I just have to find a place for everything. I forgot how many accessories babies come with. Haha.

7. I can't think of a seventh, and Lucy is begging me to play with her, so I'm off! Have a great week, everyone! Happy New Year!

Comments