The Saturday 7

1. I can't believe today is December 1st. Maybe there really is something to this global warming thing. It's been so weird the past few years having so little snow. Not that I mind. I have no problem finding my Christmas spirit without snow! I finally made the Advent Calendar last night. It took me forever. I was going to make little envelopes for each day, but decided that was too much work, so this is what I ended up with:
I just wrote the day's activity on the back of each circle and lightly taped it to the square so Lucy can peel one off every day. She was so excited to peel off today's and immediately said, "Do another one?" when we were done. Haha. I'm excited to have pre-planned activities to do every day. She's going to love it.

2. It has been a long week. I can't believe it was just last Saturday that I posted about Lucy's eye. I decided it was just a sty, but then I woke up with the same red, swollen painful eyelid on Sunday! Neither of us really looked like we had pink eye, but I figured we better be safe than sorry (especially considering I work with kids), so we went to the doctor on Monday. She diagnosed me with an infected sty and Lucy with an infected eyelid. Supposedly the two aren't connected and we didn't infect each other. Whaaat? That's way too much of a coincidence. I came to my own conclusion that we each acquired an infection from the same source, and it just manifested itself differently. I'm pretty sure that source is my eye shadow. Lucy loves to play with it every time I put some on, and it's reeeeeeeallly old, so it would make sense that we both got an infection from it. I threw it away and we both got some antibiotics to clear up our infections. Lovely.

3. We've been working on counting with Lucy. This is how she counts to ten: "One, two, three, four, five, six, ten, seven, eight, nine, ten." I can not get her to drop the ten after six. Haha.

4. I have been eating so badly lately. I seriously made myself eat an apple today because I can't remember the last time fruit crossed my lips. (And I've only had veggies in things like chicken alfredo or Chinese food. Haha.) So many of my friends and family members are losing weight and looking amazing these days that I'm all excited to get back in shape after this baby's born. Part of me thinks I should stop eating so badly now so I have less to lose. But the other part thinks I'm going to gain what I'm going to gain and it'll all fall off with breastfeeding anyway, so why not enjoy it now while I can? Hahaha.

5. We got our Christmas tree on Sunday. Lucy loved it. As soon as we got out of the car, she marched up to the first tree she saw and said, "Get this one." I think she was a little confused, though, because when we loaded our tree into the trunk and got back in the car, she started saying, "Need Christmas treat now." I told her I didn't have a Christmas treat for her and she started crying, saying, "You say me get Christmas treat!" I'm thinking she might have heard "treat" instead of "tree." Haha. We happened to be about a mile from Niki's house so we ran over there and got a sucker to serve as Lucy's "Christmas treat." Spoiled. We decorated the tree that night after her nap. She loved every second of it:
The next morning when she got up, she ran out to the living room, gasped in dismay and said, "Tree broken! Lights not on!" Haha. I showed her that they just needed to be plugged in, and now she reminds me any time the lights aren't on to plug them in.

6. We finished our 30 days of Thankfulness yesterday. I'm sure it was annoying to people on facebook, but I enjoyed doing it. It was a good reminder for me. Things have been tough financially lately, and I'm really sad that we're doing another Christmas with no presents. It was so good for me to focus on all the things we have to be thankful for. We are overwhelmingly blessed by families who love us, a God who forgives us and provides for us, friends who are always there for us, people that we can grow spiritually with and have fun with, health, a roof over our head and clothes on our backs. This is the recap of my 30 days of thankfulness. Lucy's are in that post too. I wasn't as faithful with having her do it every day, so she only made it to 24, but it was so cute to see what she came up with.

7. We went to a wedding today. Of course I don't have anything to wear to a wedding, so I raided all my friends' closets and came up with a pretty cute ensemble.
Doesn't my belly look fake? Haha. Unbelievable.

Comments