The Saturday 7

1. We started our Advent Calendar this week. Lucy loves peeling off the sticker each day to discover that day's activity. It's a good thing she can't read because I actually switched up a lot this week. I'm sure you've seen most everything on facebook, but here's a quick recap:

Day 1: Read the Christmas story and go play at Kelly and Presley's house. [Justin and I had to go to a wedding all day.]
Day 2: Make bead ornaments. She loved this activity. I started out giving her red, green, black, and white beads. But once she ran out of those she moved onto the less Christmassy colors. She asks to do it every day!

Day 3: Make peanut butter bird feeders. She spent most of her time licking the peanut butter off the knife.

Day 4: Make Christmas pizzas for dinner. She loves helping me cook, and kept saying enthusiastically, "We making Christmas pizzas!" Unfortunately, she refused to eat our masterpieces. It was a whole wheat crust, and she won't touch anything healthy. I should've known better . . .

Day 5: Go to the library and check out Christmas books. I didn't monitor her choices well enough and we ended up with a bunch of really long books. Again, I'm glad she can't read so she doesn't notice when I skip parts. ;-)
Day 6: Pick out a toy for Toys for Tots. She did this and told Justin later that night that it was for a girl who doesn't have any presents, but then she was really mad when I wouldn't let her take it out of the box and play with it. Haha. I know that's totally normal for her age.
Day 7: Make a nativity for the fridge,

Day 8: Have a birthday party for Jesus. This one will get its own post soon.

2. I have a new favorite blog: The Happy Home Fairy. I pin something from it pretty much every day. I love it because it's a Christian mom blog. She does all these cool crafts, but has spiritual meaning behind so many of them. It's one of those blogs that inspires me and makes me feel horrible about myself all at the same time. Lol. I've been on a roll with doing crafts and activities with Lucy lately, but I really need to work harder on incorporating Jesus into our every day lives. I keep telling myself she's too young to understand, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to use that excuse.

3. So Thursday this week I woke up with my right eye bloodshot and gunky. Unbelievable. It's the opposite eye that I had my sty in. Stupid eyes. I had my bi-weekly dr appt anyway that day so she diagnosed me with pink eye and wrote me a prescription. You should see me try to put the drops in my eyes. You'd think I'd be a pro since I've worn contacts every day of my life for the past 10 years. But I can not do it. I make Justin do it anytime he's home. Thanks, babe!

4. Lucy and I had a WIC appointment this week. She weighs 27 lbs and is 36 inches tall - 3 feet! Apparently she's growing too tall in proportion to her weight gain though, because they told me she's at risk for "failure to grow" or something ridiculous like that. I told the lady that both Justin and I were very small kids and I'm not too concerned. Look at us now! Haha.

5. I got a comment from a stranger at the store this week. She asked when I was due, and when I told her the end of January, her eyes about bugged out of her head and she said, "Are there two in there?" Lol. It really doesn't offend me. I'm not sure why pregnant women get so offended by statements like that. It's not my fault I have this huge belly. If she asked me if I was having twins when I wasn't pregnant, then I'd be upset! But now I'm well aware that I'm huge, there's nothing I can do about it, and it's really quite funny. (At least for other people - for me, it's mostly painful and uncomfortable! Haha.)

6. So I'm really wavering on our name choice for this baby. Maybe it's because we never call her by her name, but I'm just not sure I love it. Mostly, I think it's a little bit hard to enunciate. I'm afraid people will mis-hear her all her life. That said, I don't have any backup names. I'm too picky and I don't like anything! Maybe we'll be one of those people who picks her name based on "what she looks like when she's born" - a concept I've never understood. If we would've named Lucy based on what she looked like at birth, she'd probably be "Ming-Wong" or something. Lol.

7. Well I actually wrote most of this earlier this week because today is insanely busy. We just finished up our 2nd annual Jesus' birthday party. Loved it. Post on that to come soon. Later on, the fabulous Bethany Sanderson is coming over to take some maternity pictures for me, and then we're hosting small group! I think I'm going to go put some drops in my eyes and catch a quick nap! Have a great week, everyone!

Comments