The Saturday 7

Are you ready for a baby-centric edition of the Saturday 7? I've kept this a secret for 5 weeks (hence the lack of blogging)! It's time to spew all I've been keeping pent up.

1. I'm nervous that we told Lucy about the baby too early. She is already so in love and so attached. She kisses my belly and sings songs to the baby and says at least five times a day, "I can't believe we're having a baby!" She is going to be so devastated if this baby doesn't make it.

2. I had my follow up doctor's appointment after going to the ER with bleeding last week. At the ER, they couldn't find a reason for the bleeding, just told me it was normal and to follow up with my doctor. At my doctor's office, I had an ultrasound where they diagnosed me with a subchorionic hematoma. Apparently, it's not a big deal and my doctor fully expects it to resolve itself. But I'm purposely not googling and discovering the worst case scenarios. The good news is that I'll get more ultrasounds to check on it and see more of the baby!
10 weeks, 4 days
3. Lena is very worried about squishing the baby. The other day she climbed up on me and accidentally pushed on my stomach. She jerked her hand away, looked at me to gauge my reaction and said sheepishly, "I squished the baby." And then she saw Lucy hugging me and said, "Hey! Stop squishing my baby!" Lol.

4. I have zero name ideas for this kid - boy or girl. I've decided we're just going to combine the girls' names. For a girl: Luna. For a boy: Luca. That wouldn't be confusing at all, right? Seriously, though, I'm going to do my best to avoid the letter "L" this time. I have enough trouble with Lola, Lucy, and Lena. (Not to mention Luke and Libby when they're around.) It's time to branch out.

5. This article makes my blood BOIL, because I totally agree with it. (Well not totally. I don't think name calling is ever effective, and just turns people off from your message.) I'm so overwhelmed lately by all the abortion/Planned Parenthood articles. They make me so angry! I don't understand how people can be ok with it. I don't understand how you can read about babies being born with their hearts still beating and then having their faces ripped open to harvest their brains, and still think abortion is a-ok. It boggles my mind! But then, I read this in my devotions this week:
They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood. (1 John 4:5-6)
6. Lucy got to meet her teacher on Thursday. She saw where she's going to sit and where she's going to hang her backpack. We walked around the school and saw the gym and library and playground. I got my questions answered and am feeling more confident. Hopefully Lucy is too!

7. I just gave Lucy a pre-school haircut. She told me she wanted it cut to the top of her shoulders. I told her that was too short and said we'd do like mid-back. Here's before:
After!
It's really not that crooked. She's just leaning funny.
When I first showed her the hair I cut off, she freaked out and ran upstairs crying. I was feeling really bad for cutting off so much (even though it was less than what she said she wanted!). But she checked herself out in her mirror upstairs and decided it wasn't that short, so now she's happy. (We'll see how happy she is once it dries and gets even shorter! Lol. Good thing her hair grows fast!) My sisters are going to kill me . . .

Comments