2015 Year in Review

2015 was a big year for us. Justin and I both turned 30. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Lucy started Kindergarten. And we found out we're having another baby! It was a great year!

Here are some of the main events:

I read 30 books before my 30th birthday, branching outside of my "inspirational fiction" genre and trying new things!

I failed at homeschooling and gave up mid-February. Lucy still got into Kindergarten and wasn't woefully behind. Haha.

The car we bought in the middle of December 2014 needed a new transmission less than a month later. Forked over the big bunks to have the transmission rebuilt.

I attempted and failed many times to potty train Lena.

I continued to struggle through depression.

Justin turned 30. We had a last minute surprise party with friends, and he and I spent a night in Auburn Hills for our annual Bass Pro Shops shopping extravaganza.

Lena turned 2.

I gave Justin 12 pre-planned "dates of the month" for February. We did 5 or 6 of them. Another fail.

I won tickets to Disney on Ice. We took Lucy and Presley.

Lena saw her first movie in the theater (Big Hero 6).

I got 8 inches chopped off my hair:

Lucy turned 5 and had a My Little Pony party.

I read A Woman After God's Own Heart and discovered my inner feminist.

We spent lots of time in the pool and at various local lakes. Lucy loved it and really learned how to swim this summer.

I found out I was pregnant. Had a few scares.

Justin and I celebrated our 10th anniversary with a one night getaway to Petoskey.

Lucy caught her first fish.

I chopped 8 inches off Lucy's hair.

Lucy started Kindergarten!

We went camping with Justin's family. I was newly pregnant and miserable and didn't last much of the weekend. Justin and the girls had fun.

We started enforcing "eat what I make" in September. We've been consistently forcing the girls to eat what I make for dinner or go without since then. They go without 99% of the time.

I celebrated turning 30 with a lot of really good food, a belated birthday dinner with friends, and a belated one-night getaway with Justin.

We found out, much to our surprise, that we're having a baby boy!



My resolutions for 2015 were as follows:
Resolutions 2015
1. Finish my 30 Before 30 List by October 10.
2. Repair the damage pregnancy did to my core. Haha. I definitely have diastasis recti after carrying Lena the heifer, and while I want to have another one, I'm not prepared for the pain of carrying another huge baby. I'm hoping that by re-strengthening my core, it won't be quite as bad the next time. 
3. Find another devotional/continue to read the Bible. I'm afraid that now that I've finished reading through it, I won't be as diligent about studying it.  
4. Make photo books. I've given up on scrapbooking, so I never even print my pictures. I post most things on facebook/my blog, but I want hard copies too.
1. I did it!
2. Not even close. Paying for it now and will most definitely be paying for it over the next 10+ weeks.
3. I did pretty well with Bible reading, found a devotional I liked, and grew through a lot of the Christian Living books I read for my 30 Before 30.
4. Didn't even attempt.

I don't have many resolutions for 2016. I was thinking today that there are 5 main prayer requests I'm going to focus on. A couple of them are kind of personal (I know - shocking of me not to share everything with everyone!). But I'm definitely going to pray a specific verse over each of my kids all year (verses yet to be decided). And I'm praying for a safe/easy delivery of this baby and protection from postpartum depression. Feel free to join me in that one! :-)

I also want to make my way through the Bible again this year - at least the New Testament and Psalms/Proverbs. I got a new ESV Study Bible for Christmas (more on that in the Saturday 7 tomorrow), so I'm eager to read through it and start marking it up.

As I read through last year's entries, I noticed a huge theme in my spiritual growth was learning the importance of spending time with Jesus and cultivating a relationship with him. That's going to be another focus for me this year. I'm scared, knowing that I'm going to have a newborn in a few months, but I really want to devote more time to falling in love with Jesus, being in his word, and nurturing an active prayer life.

Thanks for the love over the past year. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store!!

Comments