31 Weeks


I couldn't decide which picture to share this week, so here are all 3 that we took. I apparently used a different filter on the last one than the first two . . .
And some growth photos:
29 weeks to 31 weeks. Getting pointy!
Baby is the size of a pineapple this week!

How Far Along? 31 weeks
Total Weight Gain: Nothing this week! +17 total.
Maternity Clothes? Yep. I'm down to just a few shirts. Get used to seeing the same ones over and over.
Sleep: It takes me forever to fall asleep. And if I get up in the middle of the night, it takes forever to fall back asleep. But once I'm out, I could sleep forever.
Best Moment This Week: Getting some stuff done!
Movement: All the time. Quite painful at times. Lots of movement on both of my sides (which makes me think he's transverse). 
Food Cravings: Pop, ice cream, cookies, cheese, milk, cinnamon life cereal
Food Aversions: Nothing. 
Gender: It's a boy!!!!  
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks every time I move. 
What I Miss: Being pain-free. Sleeping on my back/stomach.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Giving birth. I was fortunate to have easy births with the girls and am looking forward to doing it again. Of course I'm nervous that the epidural won't work or something will go catastrophically wrong, but for the most part, I'm excited to do it again. 
Milestones: Down to single digit weeks to go!

I finally got some motivation this week. I washed all the baby's clothes and organized them in his dresser. I organized all the burp cloths, receiving blankets, bibs, etc. Then I sorted through my bins of supplies. I was actually surprised by how much I still need. I figured I had lots of plain white onesies and socks from the girls. I found 4 white onesies and 3 pairs of socks. I do have a ton of cute boyish onesies, so I'm not too concerned. I just like layering with plain white ones. Also, I knew I had tons of swaddle blankets, but I underestimated how pink they all are. Haha. I did buy some crib sheets, a crib mattress pad, lanolin, baby book, lovey, and gripe water this week. I need to see how many milk storage bags I have stashed. And I need to do more research on getting a free pump through our health insurance. I signed up for free samples of Enfamil, Similac, and Gerber formulas. Hopefully one of them will arrive before March so I have backup in case breastfeeding goes horribly wrong. All in all, I'm starting to feel more prepared and ready. Even though I have 9 more excruciating weeks to go . . .

And now the pain update. I write this as a reminder for myself more than anything. Next time I start to get baby fever, I need to read this: My hips, sciatic nerve, pelvic girdle, and lower back hurt all the time. I swear I could feel my belly growing this week. I don't know if it's just gas or the baby stretching or my skin stretching, but I constantly feel over-full and like I'm pushing my stomach out as hard as I can. It really hurts and is driving me crazy. And as impossible as it seems, I know I'm only going to get bigger. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "I'm not that huge. Maybe it won't be as bad this time around." But then I remember how much I grew in the last 10 weeks with Lena:
Lord, have mercy.

Comments