32 Weeks

My assistants have permanently deserted me.

Baby is the size of a squash this week!

How Far Along? 32 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +2 this week. +19 total. (I was up 24 lbs by this point with Lena. Here's hoping for less overall this time!) Measured my belly again yesterday: 38". Up half an inch in two weeks. I would've guessed more . . .
Maternity Clothes? Obviously.
Sleep: Pretty good for this stage in the game. 
Best Moment This Week: Getting some baby clothes steals at Once Upon a Child!
Movement: Lots. Especially at night. And he gets the hiccups like 5 times a day.
Food Cravings: Fizzy drinks, cinnamon life cereal, cheese
Food Aversions: Nothing. 
Gender: It's a boy!!!!  
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks every time I move. 
What I Miss: Having a variety of clothing options. I'm getting a little sick of my 3 pairs of jeans and 3 shirts that cover my belly. Haha.
What I'm Looking Forward To: The girls meeting the baby.  
Milestones: I got my first incredulous response from someone who couldn't believe I have 2 months to go! Haha.

I had a doctor appointment on Friday. I didn't actually see my doctor, just a nurse practitioner. But she felt around and figured out his position for me. Head on my left hip bone, butt on my upper right side. More diagonal than transverse, but at least his head is going the right direction! Haha. And maybe the fact that it's wedged against my hipbone explains some of the sciatic pain I've been having on my left side?

I also got my tdap shot on Friday. The shot itself just felt like the nurse pinched me, but my arm has been killing me since then! I feel like there should be a big bruise to show for all my pain. Haha. And then every time I think about how much my dumb arm hurts from a little shot, I start to worry a little bit about giving birth in a few weeks. Ha.

My general pain/depression was pretty bad this week. The two definitely correlate. I get depressed about how much pain I'm in and how much worse it's going to get over the next 8 weeks. I feel like a major failure because my house is a disaster, I've pretty much given up on cooking, and my girls watch so much TV. As long as I'm sitting down, I'm ok. But if I'm on my feet for more than 10 minutes, I'm in agony. My sciatic nerve hasn't stopped hurting all week. It's a constant pain, punctuated by periods of stabbing pain. My sacrum/SI joints start to hurt if I'm moving at all. And the pelvic pain gets worse the longer I'm on my feet - especially if I ever carry Lena. I'm really quite a barrel of fun.

Justin has two cousins that were pregnant at the same time as me. B was due in January, K was due in February, and then I'm due in March. B had her baby 2 weeks early in December. K had her baby 3 weeks early this week (January). So that means I'll have mine in February, right? 2 weeks early would be ok! As long as he isn't born on Leap Day. I'd like to avoid that . . .

March seems so far away. Although, when I made my next doctor's appointment this week, the receptionist said, "We need to see you in 2 weeks. You'll be 34 weeks then." 34 weeks is sounding pretty close!! When do the weekly appointments start? 36 weeks?

Comments