The "Saturday" "Seven"

 1. First day of school! Finally!


She refuses to let me do her hair. 🤦

Lena was nervous all morning, but didn't start crying until we were half a mile from school. I went in with her to drop her off, and got her to settle down. When I left, she was at her desk smiling and talking to the girl next to her. Thank you for praying!! She's been nervous all week, but no more crying. Hopefully it will continue to improve! (Last year, she did well the first week and melted down the second week.) Lucy was thrilled to be out of the house and away from me. Haha.

2. Levi's first day of school!
I was feeling pretty emotional about it the night before and didn't know how I'd react upon dropping him off.



He was nervous, but didn't cry (until I left the classroom, I learned afterward! Haha. #graceofGod).

I left the school with a bit of a pit in my stomach about leaving him there all alone with no one he knows, but I knew he was in good hands! He had a great first day, kept his undies dry all day (!!!!!), made a friend "with an orange jacket like mine - no, I don't know his name," and said his favorite part was gym class. Haha. #hisfathersson  He only goes Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thursday morning he was feeling nervous again, and he cried a little bit when I left, but he said he stopped crying after "one minute" and had fun. I've been amazed by how much he's learned already in two days. He can quote Acts 2:21, knows how to spell the word RED, and is singing all kinds of songs from school!

3. I only watch kids on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so theoretically I should have Tuesdays and Thursdays all to myself!!!! But on my first Tuesday, I ended up watching Ruby and Nash. 


I've been trying to have more structure with the littles now that the girls are at school. So we did lots of crafts and activities this week . . . even play-doh. #shudder #baneofmyexistence


Beautiful weather=lots of outside time!






4. Thursday was my first official "kid-free" day!! And I spent the entire day shopping and packing and cooking and doing laundry and preparing for camping. But it sure was nice to do all that without kids!
The pic I sent my girlfriends from the Aldi's parking lot. I'm the first in our friend group to achieve this milestone. Go me!

5. I got an email from the financial aid office of one of the colleges I applied to asking me to contact them. I emailed them back asking what they needed and they told me to join a zoom meeting anytime between 8:30 and 3:30 Monday through Thursday. I waited til my kid-free day yesterday, but just got this screen:
Unfortunately, I didn't start the process until 1:45 and I had to leave to go to the chiropractor/pick up the kids at 2:15, so I couldn't wait longer than half an hour - which wasn't enough time. I still haven't been able to connect with them. Maybe Tuesday? 

6. A few more pictures:



"Sack" races



Comments