The Sunday Seven . . . Slacker Edition

I didn't write this entry yesterday because I didn't have much to say. And then I got sucked into Brother vs. Brother on Hulu. I still don't have much to say, but we'll see what I come up with . . .

1. It got cold this week - temps in the 40s overnight, barely reaching 60 some days. And yet, any time the sun was shining or it was at all warm, Levi, Nova, and Ruby wanted to be outside. I let them go in the backyard without me because it's totally fenced in and I can see them from the kitchen (where I seem to live these days). But it's a different story when they want to play out front. So I found myself sitting outside with them most of my days this week. I feel like we need to soak it all in for as long as we can. Those cooler temperatures are a reminder of the harsh reality that winter is not cancelled due to Covid. Boooo. 




2. I had my yearly physical this week, which I already posted about on facebook:

While I was there, though, I mentioned that I think I have some hearing loss. My doctor was surprised to hear that. (Haha - pun) She went on to ask if I've worked around loud machinery, listen to loud music, etc., but I have absolutely no reason to be going deaf so young. She agreed that it's unusual for my age and hooked me up with an audiologist. I'm going on October 6 to get my hearing tested. Here's hoping I'm just over-dramatic about my perceived hearing loss and won't have to get hearing aids! 

3. School went well for everyone this week. Levi comes home singing a new song or rhyme every day. Last Sunday at the VanderKoddes, he started singing, "Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Grandpa stole the cookies from the cookie jar. Who me?! Yes you! Couldn't be! Then who??" He thought it was soooooo funny and I snapped some adorable pictures.



"Then who?!"

4. I still haven't gotten any financial aid from college, classes start tomorrow, and I keep getting emails that my payment is overdue. So it's not looking too good for me this semester. I'm a little sad, but really, I'm not in that big of a hurry, and if God doesn't want me doing it yet, who am I to disagree? 

5. So, my birthday is in less than a month, and for some reason 35 is hard for me. I've been trying to decide why that number is inspiring so much emotion, and I've finally settled on this nifty little acronym: AMA. After 35, pregnant women are labeled "advanced maternal age." No, I am not pregnant, and I don't plan on ever being pregnant again, but reaching the age where it's officially "risky" to bear children seems an awful lot like putting one foot in the grave. Is it all downhill from here? I still feel like a 17 year old kid. I can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm closer to 40 than 20 (even though I have been for a while!). I'm still shocked that I have a 5th grader. Yes, I've been married for 15 years, have a mortgage, and am seeing a chiropractor regularly for back pain, but I can't possibly be old enough to be labeled "advanced age" right? Then again, American Girl just released a new Historical character from 1986 . . . the year after I was born. So I guess you could say I'm pretty old. 

6. That's all I can scrounge up. Look at these pictures now.
Ruby snuggling with her beloved Puppy

I can't get over this kid doing homework. His little pencil grip and chubby cheeks and concentrating face gets me right in the feels!

Slime . . . also known as the bane of my existence.

Little cutie wearing Grandma's glasses

School pics!



We had small group on Friday. When I tried to drop Levi off at my parents, he insisted that I take a picture of the two of us to send to Grandma's phone so he could look at it and remember me. Lol.

Play-doh . . . and Christmas tablecloths. You gotta do what you gotta do to protect the table.

It was 61* in our house when we woke up Saturday morning. But we're still holding strong and haven't turned the heat on yet! After this summer's AC bills, we need to wait as long as we can to start paying for heat!!

I watched Nash on Monday and snapped this picture at just the right time. Lol. I think Ruby was annoyed that Nash got macaroni, while she had to eat vegetables. Hahaha.

The new normal . . .

Comments

Post a Comment