The Saturday "7"

1. We're another week closer to election day . . . and the end of political ads/bombardment! Woohoo! The other day, Lena's class voted for something and her choice didn't win. We talked about the Daniel Tiger episode where his vote doesn't go the way he wants it to. His teacher sings a catchy little song that goes, "Turn it around and think something good." I think a lot of grown-ups are going to need to watch that episode after the election . . . regardless of who wins. 

2. Levi had his first field trip on Tuesday - to a local apple orchard. Ruby got to tag along, and we had a blast.




He was wearing his school-logo shirt, which is way too big. And it looked ridiculous under his coat.


He loved the scavenger hunt



3. Tuesday afternoon, I finally had my "nerve scan" at the chiro. I've been getting adjustments 2-3 times a week for 10 weeks. Before the very first one, we did the initial scan, which showed how messed up I was. This week I had it done again . . . and it looked amazing. 90% of my problem areas were in the normal range. That should be good news, but it's honestly a little disappointing. I'm still in a lot of pain. I still can't do anything on my feet for more than an hour. When I mentioned that to the chiropractor he said, "Well, yes, your pain is a chronic condition. It's going to come and go." 
I thought that's what I paid all this money to repair!! 


4. Tuesday was also Amazon Prime Day! I spent most of the day refreshing the feeds on my deals sites. I didn't go too overboard with the spending, and got a few good deals. But it has really whet my appetite for Christmas! It's also been cold and blustery lately. I saw a few snowflakes one day this week. And now that my birthday is over, I can officially start looking forward to Christmas. This happened today:
The girls love it as much as I do, so we were all feeling jolly today!

5. On Thursday I worked in Levi and Lena's classrooms. (Lucy wants nothing to do with that!) This was my second week of helping out. Last week, Lena had a hard time when I left, but she was just a little teary. She did ok. This week, before we even left the house in the morning, she was getting nervous that she was going to cry again. It was kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. She cried 90% of the time that I was in her classroom. She begged me to stay or to take her home with me when I left (at 10:00 am). It was a disaster. So it looks like my days of volunteering are over for a little while. Her teacher said, "She never acts like this except on the days you're here." Ha! Really, that's good. Out of sight, out of mind. Guess I better just stay out of sight!

6. Jumping straight to pictures tonight. 
Everyone's favorite Monday morning activity!

This birthday card was made for me.

And my friends know me so well!!

At an outdoor wedding on Thursday night. It was coooooold, but beautiful! (And the reception was inside the barn, so we didn't completely freeze!)


I honestly can't remember the last time I wore makeup. Apparently Lena is not a fan.

Hail!

Niki captured this gorgeous sunset at church on Monday night.

I was astonished when I realized this is not a Babylon Bee article, but a legitimate product! 

Pig-tailed cutie!

Argggh!

Comments