The Saturday Seven: Wedding Edition

Well in case you're new around here, my baby sister got married yesterday. So this week has kind of been wedding week . . . as you'll see . . .

1. Last Saturday was Libby's bachelorette party. We had an awesome, hilarious time. We started the evening at Olive Garden where we had horrible service, but delicious food!

Then the real fun began . . . We split into 2 teams and had a digital scavenger hunt. Some highlights included:
- Get a stranger (man) to take his shirt off for you
- Take a picture of a mullet
- Dance with a man over 70. Video it.
- Whole group lay on the floor of a department store:
This was Wal-Mart. *shudder*
After the scavenger hunt, we went back to Niki's for dessert and presents. I'd say a good time was had by all.

2. Here's a non-wedding one: on Tuesday, we went to my nephews' soccer scrimmage. They were playing against Northpointe - which is the team Justin coached for last year, and the one his best friend is coaching this year. It was the perfect game: the weather was gorgeous, we didn't have to pay admission (since it was technically just a scrimmage), and I got to see both of my nephews play. Ty is a senior so I'll probably see plenty of him, but Tristan is a freshman, so I'm not sure how much playing time he'll get in a regular game. Plus, Tristan scored a goal! So that was exciting. Lucy loved running around outside and climbing the bleachers. 

3. On Wednesday, we got our nails done. I get an actual mani/pedi maybe once a year if I'm lucky. It was actually kind of painful. The girl drew blood on my fingernails twice, then immediately put this awful antiseptic stuff on it that stung like the dickens. And I was surprised by how expensive it was. Especially once I figured in the tip. I guess that's why I only do it once a year . . .

4. Thursday was the rehearsal. Lucy willingly went down the aisle twice, threw her flowers, and smiled exactly once, then was rewarded with suckers. Haha. The rehearsal dinner was at Amore. It was amaaaaazing. We got some kind of chicken alfredo that was to die for. We are definitely going to have to go back there in the near future.

5.- 7. And Friday was the big day!! I woke Lucy up at 6:00 so she'd go down for an early nap (since pictures started at 2:30 when she is usually napping). She and I snuggled on the couch all morning until I had to leave. I met up with the Libby and the other bridesmaids at 15 East, where we spent the next 3 hours getting our hair and make-up done. We were kind of a difficult group, since we all have very long hair. But it was fun, and I think everyone was happy with the final result. I wasn't crazy about my hair, but I didn't give the girl very specific instructions, so it was my own fault. I loved my make-up. I need to go back and ask for a tutorial so I can learn how to do it myself!

We did pictures at the Rockford Dam (where Lib and Braden got engaged). Lucy was not especially cooperative, but I didn't really expect her to be. She mostly just stood there and scowled. Haha. It was hilarious loading Libby into the back of my van to be transported to and from the church. Her dress took up the entire backseat. 

After more pictures at the church, we had about an hour to eat and do our final primping before the wedding began. I was pretty uncomfortable in my tight dress and we had been crazy busy all day, so really all I ate during the day was half a bagel and a cup of coffee. I nibbled a few bites of crackers and cheese at 5:00 and then all of a sudden I could feel myself getting light-headed. Ugh. I am so not a dramatic person. I did not want to cause problems. But I knew I was going to pass out. I went in the bathroom, unzipped my dress, and sat in an armchair for a good half hour, demanding myself to breathe and quit psyching myself out. By 5:45, I was crying because I didn't think I'd be able to make it through the wedding. Everyone was lining up, and I was standing with my head on the counter taking deep breaths. I have been in a million weddings. I really don't think it was nerves. I honestly think it was a combination of being exhausted, pregnant, and not eating all day. By the grace of God, about 5:55 I suddenly felt 95% better. I got in line, wiped my tears, and walked down that aisle with a smile on my face. There were a few times during the ceremony that I felt light headed, but I just took deep breaths and tried not to think about it. I hope everyone had their eyes closed during prayer, because I was shaking out my arms and legs, taking my shoes on and off, and adjusting my dress. Haha.

Lucy did really well as the flower girl. She didn't smile, and she totally forgot to throw her flower petals, but she walked down the aisle willingly without crying, and -again- retrieved her sucker at the end. :-) Justin took her out during the ceremony because she spotted Chase and Lyla and was upset that she couldn't go play with them. Haha.

We had a blast at the reception. The food was amazing. (Although I only ate about 4 bites, because there was no room in my dress for food!) And we had so much fun dancing the night away. Although I am seriously sore today. I'm a little out of shape! 

It was such a great day. Libby was absolutely gorgeous. Everything came together so perfectly. And I think everyone had a lot of fun! So happy for my baby sister. Wishing her a lifetime of happiness!

Whew! Thanks for reading all that! It's 11:00 am as I'm finishing this, and Lucy is just now waking up. Weddings are hard work! 

P.S. Working on getting pics up on facebook. It's taking forever . . .



Comments