25 Weeks


Baby is the size of a cauliflower this week.

How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight loss/gain: I haven't been keeping very good track from week to week, but I'm now up 16 lbs from my starting weight. Ugh. 
Maternity clothes? Yep. I need more. 
Sleep: Good. I could sleep all day every day.
Best moment this week: Re-arranging Lucy's room to make room for the toddler bed. It'll be a while before the girls are actually in there together, but it was fun to imagine.
Movement: Lots. She's going turbo right now thanks to the cinnamon rolls and coffee I just had. :-) And she's up by my belly button now. Was it last week I was saying she's still so low?
Food cravings: Donuts, donuts, donuts. I could eat them for every meal. Glazed, yeasty, sugary donuts. Mmmm. 
Food aversions: Vegetables. ;-) 
Gender: GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Out. 

What I miss: Being comfortable. More on that below.

What I am looking forward to: My appointment tomorrow.
Milestones: According to babycenter.com, she's now 13 inches long and putting on baby fat. I can't believe she's that long already! 
Weekly name clue: The name has been on my list for a while. I don't even remember where I first heard it. But then, a couple months ago, I was reading a book with the name in it. Justin happened to look over at my book, point to the page and say, "I like that name." The book was Deeply Devoted by Maggie Brendan if you want to read it and try to figure out which name it is. :-) 

Yesterday we went to my nephew's soccer game. Afterward, I carried Lucy from the field to the car, which was apparently too long of a walk for me. I am in absolute agony today. I seriously can barely walk. My lower back is killing me, but the worst part is the groin pain. I feel like I pulled a muscle from my lower stomach to the top of my thigh. I actually read about pubic symphysis pain in my weekly babycenter email today and I'm sure hoping my pain is just from overexerting myself and not something I'm going to have to deal with for the next 15 weeks! I'm sure watching the new baby on Monday didn't help. I was already pretty sore and achy from carrying her around all day. (She weighs 18 lbs at 5 months old. Why can't I ever watch a nice little baby?) I have the day off tomorrow, except for a late afternoon doctor's appointment. I'm going to do my best to spend most of the day on the couch, but I don't know how that's going to work with Lucy. Seriously - how do moms with toddlers do bed rest?? 

Comments

  1. Come on now, pick a name from a book I've read! ;)

    I hope your pain subsides soon! I had groin pain with mine too, but it didn't last. Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment