The Saturday 7

1. Monday was my first day with the new baby. It went surprisingly well! Baby Violet is 5 months old. She started out the day super happy, played well, went down for her nap without a peep and slept for a solid hour and a half. But after she woke up, she wanted to be held all the time and slept in 30 minute increments for the rest of the day. :-/ We'll have to work on that. I was very glad with how well Lucy responded to her, though. She absolutely loved her. She read books to her, gave her toys, put her binky in her mouth every time she cried, and ran to me saying, "Go check on baby! Make sure she ok!" Plus she can say "Violet" really clearly. It's adorable.

2. I made broccoli cheese soup in the crockpot one cold rainy day this week. I didn't have any garlic cloves, so I just added extra garlic powder. Oh boy. Haha. My whole house reeked like garlic for days. Here's the recipe if you want to try it for yourself. It was pretty good. (I know I got it off pinterest, but I can't find the link now. Sorry!)

Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Ingredients
o                     1 (32 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli – I do not use the stem
o                     2 (10 ¾ ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
o                     2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
o                     1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
o                     1 Clove of Minced Garlic
o                     Cheddar Cheese
o                     1 Tablespoon of Butter or Margarine
o                     1/2 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
o                     1 teaspoon black pepper
o                     1 Cup of Chopped Onions
Instructions
1.  Heat up a skillet on medium heat and melt butter – Sautee onions for about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
2.   Place All INGREDIENTS (except Cheddar Cheese) in the Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
3.   Garnish with Cheddar Cheese Enjoy 

3. Here's a craft Lucy did recently. I don't think it was actually this week: 

I found a tree template on pinterest. Really, you could probably just draw one, but I'm not that creative. And you're supposed to let the kids fingerprint the leaves on, but I can't handle that much mess. I gave her some washable paints and q-tips. She thought it was awesome, and it was much less messy.

4. My birthday was on Wednesday. I turned the big 2-7. Made it to my late twenties!! We celebrated by going out to Olive Garden and Coldstone. (Thanks to gift cards from my brother!) Mmmmm. Justin bought me some cute, warm boots. And I got maternity clothes/gift cards from the rest of my family. Woohoo! Clothes that fit!

5. I had another little meltdown yesterday. I'm in so much pain all the time. I ordered a maternity belt online on Thursday. I sure hope it comes quickly and works miracles. I loved being pregnant with Lucy, and I was working almost full time doing essentially the same thing I'm doing now - watching 2 little kids. Maybe it's because I'm getting old, or I started out in worse shape, or this baby is just bigger already, but I can't do anything without ending up in major pain. My back, groin, pelvis, and lower stomach all hurt so so badly sometimes I can hardly walk. Only 15 more weeks . . .

6. I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. I've gained more weight than I anticipated - now up 16 lbs. Guess those donuts are catching up with me. I asked the doctor if I'm measuring big, but she said no. The baby was squirming all over when the doctor was trying to find the heartbeat, and kicked the doppler a few times before she could find the heartbeat. :-)

7. Lucy is doing amazingly well in her big girl bed. A couple days this week she didn't want to take a nap, but I put her in bed and she stayed there. She cried for a while, but she didn't get out! Usually at night, when we put her to bed she gets up once or twice with some kind of stalling tactic, but once she's out, she sleeps all night. I'm actually kind of loving it on Saturday mornings - she gets up between 8:30 and 9:00, meanders into our room, then climbs into bed and snuggles for a while. *love*

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you're in so much pain!! I hope the girdle is a miracle worker.

    Ugh, I need to do cute crafts like you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment