12 Weeks



How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight loss/gain: +1 lb. - not too shabby!
Maternity clothes? I've been wearing maternity shirts because they make me look more obviously pregnant (instead of just fat). Still doing the rubber band trick on my jeans.
Sleep: Fine, except for the night sweats. So gross. 
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby on an ultrasound today!
Movement: Still nothing definite.
Food cravings: This is kind of gross, but I have been majorly craving Dinty Moore canned beef stew. Lol. I'm seriously thinking of going to Meijer tomorrow to buy some!
Food aversions: Nothing really. I love food.
Gender: Unknown. I think it's a girl, but everyone else thinks it's a boy. 
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Out 
What I miss: I've also kind of been craving wine. I'm usually not a big wine drinker, but I miss the freedom to drink it when the mood strikes!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing the baby on an ultrasound again today made me really start looking forward to finding out the sex! Probably just about 8 more weeks!
Milestones: Making it to the 2nd trimester? I'm never sure when 2nd tri starts.

I had my 12 week appointment today. The doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler which caused some temporary heart failure. She sent me down the hall for an ultrasound. The tech put the wand on my belly and I immediately saw a fully formed baby. I was trying to see movement when the tech pointed out the heartbeat. Nice and strong at 154 bpm. [Side note: Lucy's heartbeat was 153 bpm at 11 weeks. Hmmmm.]


As nerve wracking as the whole situation was, I loved the chance to have another ultrasound. It is so amazing to see that little baby moving all around. It kept rubbing its face so adorably. 


In other news, I've definitely noticed that any physical exertion causes my sciatic pain to flare up. Walking the mall, playing frisbee golf, even grocery shopping. I've been trying to sit on an ice pack, but I'm kind of a wimp and I hate how cold it is. Haha.


Also, my digestion issues are back in full force. Yuck. I wrote in my last entry that I must have lost 10 lbs. That is reflected in my picture above, isn't it? I totally look smaller! Haha. Isn't 2nd trimester when I'm supposed to start feeling better? Here's hoping! 

Comments