The Saturday 7

This is going to have to be a quick one. I'm rushing off to a day of craziness. Which is a perfect cap to my week of craziness!

1. I worked my usual 2 days this week, but had to stay late on Monday. By the time I got out of work, went grocery shopping so we'd have something to eat for dinner, and got home it was 7:00! Working late is for the birds.

2. Wednesday was my only day off this week, so I spent it cleaning my house. Woot. It never ceases to amaze me how cluttered and dirty this house can get if I don't pick it up every night. Lately, I've been spending most evenings on the couch severely neglecting my house.

3. I get asked a lot how I'm feeling this pregnancy. I always say I feel good and don't really have many complaints. But that's because my biggest complaint is constipation, and I feel weird telling people that. Haha. I remember saying this with Lucy too - everything I eat turns to rocks in my stomach. And it has nowhere to go, so it just sits in my stomach and makes me so miserable and uncomfortable. Blech. I was feeling better by this time in my pregnancy with Lucy.

4. On Thursday I filled in for the secretary at church. I love it! I made a few additions/changes to the bulletin, then printed it. I even changed the toner waste thing in the printer all by myself! They got a new phone system since the last time I was there, but I think I only lost a couple callers! Haha.

5. Thursday night was Libby's first wedding shower - and the official start of wedding season. We are going to be busy busy with wedding related events for the next 3 weeks. So exciting! I picked up my dress last night - so thankful it came in remarkably fast! Now I just have to wait another week or so to make sure I don't grow too much before getting it altered.

6 and 7. Since this weekend is so busy, Justin and I celebrated our 7th anniversary last night. We didn't have a lot of money to spend, so we kept it pretty low key. We dropped Lucy off at my parents' around 1, then went to Qdoba with a coupon for lunch. I purposely didn't eat as much as I could have because I've learned overeating makes me miserable.

Then we headed to the mall. I was blessed with a husband who loves to shop, and we had so much fun taking our time shopping without Lucy! Haha. Justin actually out-shopped me. My sciatic started to hurt after walking so much, so I sat in a nice little waiting area in JCPenny watching HGTV while he finished shopping. :-) I did buy a super cute dress to wear to Libby's shower today, but not much else.

After the mall, we went to the Red [Ball] Jet Cafe. We saved a gift card Justin got last fall for coaching specifically for our anniversary. Unfortunately, I was a little bit disappointed by the restaurant. The setting was really cool and Justin's food was delicious, but they messed up both of our orders, and my chicken alfredo just wasn't that good. I hate to say it, but Olive Garden's is better! Chain restaurants for the win! ;-)

We were going to go to the beach to watch the sunset after eating, but my food was turning to rocks by then and I was feeling pretty miserable. We stopped to get Coldstone, then went home to watch Chuck. :-) The perfect night.

Thanks, Justin, for 7 years of wedded bliss! Here's to 70 more! ;-)

Comments

  1. Would more finer help? Fiber powder and high fiber cereals have helped me in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're still feeling icky! I really hope your system goes back to normal soon. No advice but to drink lots of water... which cures all ailments. :P

    Wow, 7 years! Happy anniversary, you two!

    p.s... I just want to say that I'm so happy you're having another baby. That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment