The Saturday 7

1. I know I say this every year, but I love July. :-) This weekend is Sparta's Town and Country Days. I'm pretty sure I've gone every year since I was a little kid, even though I only actually lived in Sparta for 2 of those years. I'm pretty sure the town I live in now has it's own big festival, but I didn't grow up with it, so it's not as cool. :-) Today is the parade. We are going to go sit in the baking sun in hopes of catching some candy . . . and some rays. Haha - clever, eh?

2. Last Saturday was girls' night. I went to Kobe Steakhouse (I don't know why it's called that - it's not really a steakhouse) with a bunch of the ladies from my Bible Study. I'd never been there before. Holy moly. I'm glad I'm pregnant and have an excuse to unbutton my pants. Haha. Delicious! Afterward, Jill made us all play some frisbee golf. Surprisingly, I wasn't the worst. Niki snatched that title by throwing her disc in a river and a pond. (She fished it out of the river, but it was long gone in the pond.) Good times. We've been having these little get togethers all summer in preparation for Becky leaving. She's moving to Pennsylvania in a couple weeks and I don't know what we're going to do without her!! *sniff sniff*

3. Justin and I just started Chuck season 5 via netflix this week. Love that show. So sad it's the last season! And the new season of White Collar started on Tuesday. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm DVR-ing it at work so I can watch it during naptime. Haha. So glad my employers have cable!

4. Speaking of my employers, I'm not sure I've written about how my job is coming to an end. The kids will be in school this fall, so they won't need me anymore. It's going to be so strange. I've been with those kids since Chase was 12 weeks old. It'll be 6 years this September!

5. Libby's wedding is just over a month away and I'm starting to get so excited! I called around for places to get our hair/make-up done this week and have been searching for a piece to Lucy's flower girl costume. Now I just have to figure out a solution to my own dress dilemma! Haha.

6. Since seeing the baby on an ultrasound this week, I've really been thinking about whether it's a girl or a boy. A huge part of me wants a girl because I'd love Lucy to have a sister close in age. I adore my sisters, but we're all far apart. We never shared clothes as teenagers and as adults we're all in different stages of life. Niki's kids are in junior high and high school, I'm just starting with kids, and Libby's just getting married. That said, I also kind of want a boy next. If I have my girl and boy, I can be surprised about the sex for the 3rd baby. I'd love to have that delivery room surprise, but I'm too paranoid about being prepared. So I guess I'll be happy either way! Although having a girl will be way cheaper thanks to the bins and bins and bins of girl clothes in my basement! Haha.

7. I'm having a really hard time coming up with these this week, so I'm going to let number 7 be something that's already been on facebook. This week, Lyla said to me, "Your belly is getting bigger!" I said "Yeah, my baby is growing." Then I turned around and she exclaimed, "Your hiney is getting bigger too!" Lol. That's not the baby. That's Dr Pepper and elephant ears. :-) Last time I gained 42 pounds. Maybe I'll go for 50 this time. ;-)

Comments

  1. We were the same way about finding out boy/girl. We wanted to find out just in case it was a boy so we could prepare and be surprised for a third, but since it's a girl we can reuse everything.

    I gained 40 with Abby and am already just past that with this one... Gonna be doing a lot of walking this fall and next summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment