The Saturday 7

1. Amazing news everyone. I got a free vehicle this week. My parents bought a "new" car and gave me their van free of charge. They hardly paid anything for it when they bought it a couple years ago, so out of the generosity of their hearts, just let me have it. Part of me hates accepting charity and feeling like I have to depend on my parents to bail me out, but the bigger part of me is just overwhelmed with relief that we don't have to figure out a way to buy a car!

2. 4th of July is my second favorite holiday. We had a blast this year, as usual, chilling at my parents' pool with a bunch of friends, eating way too much yummy food, and laughing and talking for hours. We had our usual fireworks show in the driveway. I really need to start taking a xanax before those shows. We ended up leaving early because Lucy and I were scared. Haha.

3. I spoke too soon about my sciatic pain not being "that bad." Yesterday we decided to beat the heat at the mall (along with about a million other people). All that walking apparently aggravated my stupid nerve. By about 8:00 at night, I was in agony. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting, standing, walking, or laying down. It hurts. Stretching does feel good while I'm doing it, but doesn't have long term effects. And I tried to lay on ice, but it was too cold!!! That said, this morning, I woke up without any pain. So maybe the moral of the story is not to walk so much and just stay on my couch. ;-)

4. Everyone already knows this, but I want to record it so I can look back on it someday: we had record breaking temperatures this week. Yesterday's high was 102* with a heat index of 110*! It reminds me of the mission trip I went on in Vegas in 2002. And makes me very grateful for our central AC! Although I'm going to have to get a second job to pay the electric bill next month! Yikes.

5. I haven't shared a recipe in a while. Here's one of our favorites. It has absolutely zero nutritional value, but is so yummy!

Dorito Casserole
1 (11 oz.) pkg Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed.
1 lb. ground beef, seasoned with taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
Lettuce
Cheese

Put all but one cup of the crushed doritos on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Brown ground beef, add taco seasoning and refried beans. Heat through.
Cover chips with meat mixture.
Layer lettuce and cheese over meat.
I'm sure you could add onion, tomato, etc, but we like our food bland. ;-)
Top with one cup of Doritios.

Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
Delicioso!

6. Oh, I almost forgot to record the bird story! Again, most of you have seen this on facebook, but I need it here to look back and laugh about. Saturday night, we had small group so Lucy went to my parents' house overnight. Justin and I got home at 2:30 am and fell into bed, looking forward to sleeping in. At 6:00 am, Lola jumped into our bed and dropped a live bird on me. Seriously. I was hardly awake, but Justin bolted out of bed. As soon as Lola dropped it, the bird started flying around the room. I dove under the covers screaming until Justin caught the bird. Even then, I had the heebie jeebies all morning about a live animal being in our house (and in my bed!) I guess I should just be grateful it was a bird that flew away and not a rodent that would've crawled up into my hair.

And as an explanation, Lola has a doggy door in the basement so she can get outside. She's usually confined to a little pen, but that night I had left the pen door open. No more!

7. I picked up my bridesmaid dress last night for Libby's wedding. I ordered it 5 weeks ago, stood in the bridal shop sticking out my belly, and decided I only needed one size bigger. *sigh* I was wrong. It is already uncomfortably tight. I really don't think I can wear it all night. And I still have 6 weeks to go!! We're going to have to do some creative alterations!

Comments

  1. Yay for a free vehicle!! God provides!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay free van!! That's awesome!

    Yes. Stay on the couch. It's for your own good. ;)

    The bird story is hilarious. Bad kitty!

    Good luck with your dress :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment