37 Weeks


Baby is the size of a winter melon this week, whatever that is. They're having a hard time coming up with produce big enough! Haha. 

How far along? 37 weeks - full term!

Total weight loss/gain: + 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks. +35 lbs total.
Maternity clothes? Yep - growing out of them.
Sleep: Better than last week. I don't know what that was about. Still in a lot of pain. I have to sleep on my side, but then my opposite side hurts from the weight of my belly pulling forward. So I sleep with a pillow between my knees and wedged under my belly. I really take up a lot of room in our bed. Haha.

Best moment this week: Making it to full term!!
Movement: Alll the time. She's getting restless and flipping from side to side. 
Food cravings: Reese's PB cups. Mmmmmm. 
Food aversions: Vegetables. ;-) 
Gender: GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: Still lots of Bra
xton Hicks and cervix pain. The latter really takes my breath away and leaves me doubled over in pain. I sure hope it's productive pain! 
Belly Button in or out? Pretty much gone. 
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

What I am looking forward to: My first internal on Friday. I better be making progress! If I'm all closed up, I'm going to cry. Also, hoping to find out what position this baby's in. I originally wrote this entry this morning and said I thought she was transverse. But as of the past few hours I think she's moving head down! She has been contorting like crazy in there and I'm feeling alllll kinds of movement way down low. She just had the hiccups down there too. I've always felt her hiccups on my sides up until this point. Thank goodness! Let's do this!
Milestones: Full term.

I think today would be a great day to have a baby. It's my sister's birthday, and it was my due date with our first baby. My goal for today is to get my hospital bag packed and throw some stuff in a bag for Lucy. Then we'll be ready to go! Or I'll just have to look at my packed bags for 3 more weeks . . .

I've been reading lots of birth stories lately. Part of me is super excited to do it again and part of me is terrified that I won't have such a great experience this time around. I had an amazing epidural with Lucy. I would really like to replicate that. And I hardly tore despite having a fat lard baby. It'd be great if I could do that again too! Haha. (It'd also be great if I could have a slightly less fat lard baby this time!) I guess we'll see! There's no going back now - she has to come out one way or another! :-)

Comments

  1. LOL @ "fat lard baby." :P

    Hope she comes soon! Congrats on making it to full-term!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment